Latest post Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:37 PM by briMestone. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 20 2015 11:40 PM

• qtorque
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 10 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Scripting to ISIS workspace

Hello.

Thinking of writing a shell or powershell script or C++ program to move an existing folder to another folder within an ISIS workspace. Then, create a new folder name and its sub folder in the worskspace weekly. Currenlty, these tasks are done manually in windows explorer after the  ISIS workspace is mounted. Any thoughts if shell or powershell script or C++ progam will be suitable to do? Thanks.

• Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:37 PM In reply to

• briMestone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 18 2005
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 140
    • Points 1,570

Re: Scripting to ISIS workspace

Actually better to do it programmatically. I've wrote a bash script to do just that. Move/Sort/Organize files into 2500 files per folder, then Have Media Composer rebuild pmr and mdb before folder gets renamed with date markers and such. Only "Manual" part here is the pmr and mdb since Avid does not have a utility tool that will rebuild pmr and mdb outside of Media Composer. I've been begging Avid for an external tool or a library that can do that, so far (8 years and counting) no luck.

6 ISIS5000 split in two environments, 25 MC7+SYM NitrisDX, MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 [view my complete system specs]

------

Ted Simbajon
    http://www.tedsimbajon.com

Head Janitor

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller