Latest post Mon, May 11 2015 1:20 AM by hbrock. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 10 2015 4:02 PM

PROBLEM DELETING FILES IN MEDIA TOOL

PROBLEM WITH CROSS PROJECT LINKING IN MEDIA TOOL:

Hi All, OK I've got a problem that will cost me a bit in drives if I can't solve it.  WHen I bring up the media tool and select the correct drive  (only drive on) and current project, it finds many many files that are only associated with other projects, I don't think they have anything do with this one at all .  HELP! I really don't want to have to buy new drives just because I can't safely delete project media.   I can tell some of them are from other projects by name but others are just number strings.  

I'm running MC 7.0.4 on a 12 core mac pro tower, mid 2012 with OS 10.8.5. 

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, May 11 2015 1:20 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,520
    • Points 64,065
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: PROBLEM DELETING FILES IN MEDIA TOOL

Project names are added to the media files when they are created.  If you create media in a different project or a unnamed project you won't see the project name you're expecting.  Best bet would be to select the clips in a bin, hit delete and select the media but leave the clips.  Keep in mind that the media won't be deleted until you quit Media Composer and the medai files folders are "cleaned up".

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller