Latest post Tue, Apr 21 2015 9:29 AM by S.Clements. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 21 2015 9:29 AM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Media Composer to Logic workflow?

Hi,

I'm having trouble sending sound to a sound designer who is working on Logic. 

I first tried a standard AAF MXF output, because I was initially led to believe he was working on protools.  He wrote back to say he couldn't read the mxf files.  So, I exported an OMF 2.0 with wav files and he said when he imported the OMF, Logic put all the files from the same starting point, so all sync points were completely lost.  This doesn't really make any sense to me, because I made sync marks on all tracks at 09:59:50:00.  Has anyone had any experience with an Avid to Logic workflow?  The only other thing I can think of that might work is to export an AAF with wav files instead of MXFs, but wanted to ask here before getting the designer to try again.

I almost always have trouble working with guys who use Logic, so would like to know if anyone has a proper workflow.

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller