Latest post Wed, Mar 29 2006 10:26 PM by editzz01. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 28 2006 11:22 AM

• der-klang
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 2 2006
    • Posts 11
    • Points 140

export video to *.dv

Hi there,

can anybody hlep me with export video from timeline to a dv file?

i found nothing like that in the corresponding menu.

is it just a rename-thing with a uncompressed different file format or is there no chance to put it out to a *.dv with liquid?

I need a dv-file for impoting in pro tools. with standard qiucktime it will show the video in a floating window instead of giving it out to another (third) device. So poeple in the pro tools forum told me to convert it to a  *.dv and import to pro tools and it will work.

anybody else with experience wtih this kind of workaround ?

thnx for helping

• Tue, Mar 28 2006 11:36 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,586
    • Points 59,910

Re: export video to *.dv

Get yourself QuickTime Pro 7 and you'll be able to load your AVI files (fused from Liquid) into QuickTime and then export them out to DV. I suspect .DV is a repackaging of the AVI-DV from Liquid. I just tried this and the conversion was very fast.

Good luck

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.7 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 11 | Sapphire 11 | Mocha Pro 5.6 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Wed, Mar 29 2006 9:45 PM In reply to

• der-klang
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 11
    • Points 140

hmmm,

ok thats a solution, but i spend 700 bucks and the ****software isnt able to give out the basic?!

Uncompressed *.dv.

Im speechless and on my way for qt 7 pro ;)

cheers

thanx barkinmadd

• Wed, Mar 29 2006 9:49 PM In reply to

• LewS
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • West Palm Beach, FL
    • Posts 10,277
    • Points 132,650
    • Moderator: MCA PC

hmmm,

I have a feeling .DV is just DV-AVI with a different extension. It only seems to exist in the Apple world. I suspect if you just fuse your timeline with the Liquid DV-AVI codec, you will get the same result.

What application are you going to use these .DV files with??

3.15GHz E8500 CPU, Intel MB w P35 chipset, 4GB memory, Pioneer DVD burner, onboard audio, nVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB , 2TB (4 x 500GB) Raid 0 on Vantec... [view my complete system specs]

LewS

• Wed, Mar 29 2006 9:56 PM In reply to

• der-klang
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 11
    • Points 140

Pro Tools 5.3.1 on MAC (God know that i hate them) with OS 9.i dont know.

and it drives me crazy, cause im biting teeth out past two weeks.

but im close to the solution i feel it ;)

• Wed, Mar 29 2006 10:01 PM In reply to

• der-klang
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 11
    • Points 140

ok converted files into *.dv

problem now is that i have to use the dv stream as it would be for internet and this includes i complession far as i can see. i got serious qualaity loss.

any idea ?

• Wed, Mar 29 2006 10:26 PM In reply to

• editzz01
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 23 2005
    • Montreal
    • Posts 770
    • Points 9,225

I created a .dif file (exported from AFter Effects), I then changed the file extension to .dv and the other system that I put it on saw it as an actual dv movie.  I imagine if you fuse out of Liquid with the dif renderer and change the file extension it would do the same thing.

For test comparisons, we checked a .dv file from another source, but of the same footage. Both the .dif file and the .dv file weighed exactly the same, and looked identical in playback.

Mark

PS....buying QT pro was a good investment....you can use it to convert a lot more than just QT....

Work system Symphony Nitris classic 3.5.1 Vista business 64 12GB ram 10 TB Avid media drive Home system Media Coposer 3.5.1 Dual 3.2 Xeon 2.0MB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller