Latest post Mon, Nov 21 2016 3:28 PM by Marianna. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 16 2015 9:21 PM

Media Composer v7.0.4.3 | PATCH AVAILABLE

Avid is pleased to announce the latest update to Media Composer v7.x code base...v7.0.4.3.

HOW TO GET
    :
    The latest update to Media Composer is available worldwide as of March 16th, 2015.  This update is free to all owners of Media Composer v7.x.

- Customers who have already installed v7.x can download the full installer from the Download Center in the Avid Editor Patch folder.

WHAT'S INCLUDED:

There are a number of bug fixes, including:
    - In some instances, a LUT did not stay applied to multi-resolution clips.
    - Linking to a QuickTime 4.4.4.4 file created in Da Vinci resulted in an “AMA Plug-In Unable to Provide Sample” error.
    - With Matrox hardware attached, video playback was choppy.
    - Loading sequences with heavily nested rendered effects was extremely slow.
    - FilmScribe might have crashed when trying to preview a change list containing freeze frames and timewarps.
    - SubCap did not display certain international characters correctly.
    - Chinese characters appeared as question marks in a SubCap effect.
    - You might have received an assertion error when AMA linking to an XDCAM file greater than 2GB.

OS SUPPORT:

This release supports Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and 10.10.2 (Yosemite). 
    NOTE: Customers with dual 6 core Mac Pro towers (Westmere) and the 2013 Mac Pro with a single 12 core CPU may experience performance issues with transcode, render, and playback on OS 10.10.  These degradations are typically seen with higher resolution material.  The issue has been logged with Apple and we are awaiting an update. 

README:
    The README is currently unavailable.

If you have any comments or question regarding the installation of this version, please post it here.  For other bugs or questions, please start a new thread.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Mar 17 2015 4:46 PM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,215

Re: Media Composer v7.0.4.3 | PATCH AVAILABLE

Wow. Thanks Avid for the fixes and OS 10.10.2 support. I still have tearing problems in full screen, even with console command moncon off on my retina macbookpro and on external monitor. Tearing appears with Canon C300 25p 1080 AMA material aswell as DNXHD transcoded media. Compositor video is fine though.

Thanks.

Andre.

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

• Tue, Mar 17 2015 10:34 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,525
    • Points 64,110
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Did you select "Flip on Vertical Sync" in the Full Screen Display dialog box?  That should address tearing.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

• Wed, Mar 18 2015 8:49 AM In reply to

• addinski
    • Not Ranked
    • Erfurt, Germany
    • Posts 184
    • Points 2,215

yes, that makes it better, but still there is awful tearing mostly in the lower third of the screen.

MAC OS X 10.11.6 AVID MC 2018.3 + Avid Mbox Pro 3 MACBOOKPRO 15" Retina, i7 2.66 GHz Quadcore, 16GB Ram Dell UltraSharp U2711 Sony FS5 & Alpha... [view my complete system specs]

Honestly I hate editing.

• Thu, Mar 19 2015 4:38 PM In reply to

Kevin Klimek:

OS SUPPORT:

This release supports Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and 10.10.2 (Yosemite). 
    NOTE: Customers with dual 6 core Mac Pro towers (Westmere) and the 2013 Mac Pro with a single 12 core CPU may experience performance issues with transcode, render, and playback on OS 10.10.  These degradations are typically seen with higher resolution material.  The issue has been logged with Apple and we are awaiting an update. 

Was hoping to get some clarification on the above note. Specificaly the sentence "These degradations are typically seen with higher resolution material".

Does "higher resolution material" specifically mean "higher than 1080"? And when using the word "typically", does that mean this issue has been seen with projects at 1080 and/or below?

2.5 floors in Midtown NYC consisting of ~60 workstations, primarily Mac Pros with a few iMacs and Mac Minis. I include specific machine specs in my posts... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 19 2015 5:51 PM In reply to

Just installed 7.0.4.3 and MC 7 not launching at all.

Any ideas?

Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac11,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 19 2015 8:23 PM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,525
    • Points 64,110

Uninstall using the uninstaller. Repair permissions using Disk Utility. Download 7.0.4.3 from Download Center and install full version. If that doesn't work, we need more details: OS version, hardware configuration, error messages.etc. 

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

• Fri, Mar 20 2015 5:13 PM In reply to

Did all the stuff suggested.

On re-launch, I actually got to asking me to register. Skipped it.

It started launching and then halfway through, crashed.

Do you need the whole error message or just part of it?

Model Name: iMac Model Identifier: iMac11,1 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 20 2015 5:23 PM In reply to

Also, I've posted my system specs in my profile.

• Mon, Mar 23 2015 12:09 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,525
    • Points 64,110

It's hard to fathom what's wrong without a extremely long thread, so I'd suggest calling Avid.  You do get a free call to Avid Support for installation troubleshooting.

• Fri, Apr 3 2015 12:30 AM In reply to

• NinaLu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 12 2013
    • Posts 28
    • Points 320

Do you know if this addresses a remapping "go to in mark" bug that appears to be on 7.0.4.2?

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/133257.aspx

• Tue, Apr 14 2015 6:10 PM In reply to

• cpeiken
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 14 2015
    • Posts 6
    • Points 80

When will a patch for MC7 be available for 10.10.3?  I accidently upgraded before AVID approval and I -- like many others on this board -- are having infurating active window problems. 

To quote another poster, "Everytime I open a new window (for example: export or transcode window), I get a "beep" when I click somewhere and nothing happens (the window is blocked for changes). It turns out that I first have to click the window on the upper bar and move it. Then MC notices the window as active and then I can do changes in the window."  Also, there is no render/import progress bar. 

Please advise as this is extremely annoying.

• Tue, Apr 14 2015 6:16 PM In reply to

Not sure..Avid usually doesn't post until it's readily available.  I know they are looking at 10.10.3 with the next version of software.  Once they see what issues that may cause, revisions will *probably* ripple down to v8.x and v7.x.

This should remind everyone of the importance of never upgrading your OS until you know the version of Avid is qualified for it. 

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Sat, Apr 18 2015 1:33 PM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,219
    • Points 14,740

Good pratcise is to partition your hard drive and give Media Composer its own, with the required specs. Been doing that for years, most stable editing software around.

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig mem, int and ext Raids, Mojo DX, 10.12.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.9.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 12 2015 1:25 AM In reply to

• Alexey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 5 2014
    • Russia
    • Posts 12
    • Points 100

Sorry, but when the new update will be avalible? And will it be avalible? Or I have to update to MC8?

And maybe you know, what about MC6? I have it on my second machine. Will it ever support Yosemite?

MacBook Pro late 2013 2,6GHz Intel Core i7 16Gb 1600 MHz DDR3 OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 AVID Media Composer 8.5.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller