Latest post Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:57 PM by dermot. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 6 2015 9:52 PM

• dermot
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 524
    • Points 6,220

8.3 + decklink

i have two machines running 8.3, in one i installed a decklink mini mon a few months ago, all went well mc8.3 is happy with it, i dropped another decklink mini mon (same drivers & sw) into the second machine yesterday, resolve see's it just fine, but mc can not / will not see it

machine #1 = z800/dual quad/24gig/q4000/sas/decklink

machine #2 = z400/ single quad/16gig/q4000/sas/decklink

anyone have any ideas what i could be doing wrong? or is there a step i forgot to take on the recent install?

8600 - 3700 - AJA 2Ke - u320 array - Dream Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Mar 7 2015 8:57 PM In reply to

• dermot
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Vancouver, Canada
    • Posts 524
    • Points 6,220

Re: 8.3 + decklink

ok, so it got weirder, then it got better...

a a few months ago i installed the then current bmd 10.2.1 desktop manager, and copied that over to the new install on thursday

on friday the first install stoped functioning as well, i was working in the morning in 8.3, i shutdown avid and when i went back to it, it only started in software mode, and it would not find the decklink

so now two machines with the same issue, device manager says the bmd is working correctly, desktop player and resolve both see the card and output to sdi, and in both machines mc8.3 will not see the card.

today i updated both machines to the latest sw on bmd's site (10.3.7) and bingo, both installs of mc8.3 are now happily showing video over sdi...

i'm thinking a w7 update last thursday might have broken the older bmd drivers and avid, where resolve was left alone...

hope this might help anyone else who runs into this

8600 - 3700 - AJA 2Ke - u320 array - Dream Color [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller