Latest post Wed, Mar 4 2015 9:43 PM by JDrck. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 4 2015 5:01 PM

• JDrck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Moving Avid sequence to Premiere Pro CC 2014

A friend of mine asked me to move an old Avid MC project over to Premiere Pro. The Avid Project was created on a much older version of MC that all of the media was digitized as OMF files. I managed to transcode all of the media over to MXF because I heard the Premiere Pro can read MXF files. I did a test with one of the sequences in the project where I exported it out as an AAF using the link media command when exporting. The AAF sequence seems to import into Premiere Pro fine, but the media it also imported isn't linked to the MXF files. They are all offiine. Am I doing something wrong? When I try and import the MXF file straignt into Premiere Pro, I get an "Unsupported Media" error. Does anyone know if Premiere Pro can only read specific MXF resolution types? A lot of the media I'm importing is PAL and originally digitized at 15:1. Unfortunatly, the original media is lost and this is all I have to work with. Is this a lost cause?

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Mar 4 2015 5:17 PM In reply to

• David Clarke
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 13 2010
    • Brighton, Sussex, UK
    • Posts 240
    • Points 3,270

Re: Moving Avid sequence to Premiere Pro CC 2014

I believe Premiere supports DNxHD MXF files not all varieties such as 15:1s.  I have not tested it extensively.  This was also a feature of CC, not previous versions.

Laptop - Haswell desktop processor, 16GB RAM, 970m NVidia graphic card. Desktop - 2011 pin Haswell-E processor, 16GB RAM, Thunderbolt, Blackmagic UltraStudio... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 4 2015 9:43 PM In reply to

• JDrck
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Moving Avid sequence to Premiere Pro CC 2014

Thanks for the reply, David. I was afraid that may be the issue. Maybe I'll try and transcode to a different format.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller