Latest post Mon, Feb 9 2015 9:30 PM by Jon Chappell. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 6 2015 7:38 PM

Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-50

Hello, 

I am working on Avid Media Composer v7.2 and keep getting the following error: "Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-50" everytime I try to open up one of the ISIS projects shared throughout the office. After doing some brainstorming, I've found no existence of this error on the web, and am able to successfully create a local project and open it. 

So I have deduced it down to an ISIS issue, and it is not a permissions issue - as far as I can tell. Would anyone know what could possibly be going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, Media Composer 7.0.0 Interplay Edition [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 9 2015 9:30 PM In reply to

Re: Exception: SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-50

SYS_ERROR means it's an OS X error, not an Avid error. -50 is a vague error ("Error in user parameter list") but it can sometimes occur when OS X thinks a disk is in use when it isn't.

My software:
    Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
    Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
    More tools...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller