Latest post Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:26 AM by mjolnarn. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 25 2015 9:48 PM

• StephenW1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 4 2011
    • Posts 41
    • Points 565

Trouble importing MXF files into Avid (8.3) on 10.10 Yosemite

Hi, I'm having some trouble importing some MXF files. (1080p25 Project)
    I have a range of footage shot in .MOV format on both a BlackMagic Cinema camera and C100 which is fine.
    I also however have a folder of MXFs which I'm trying to figure out (because I don't have access to the DoP at the moment).

I haven't seen this file structure before where the audio is in a separate MXF from the video, they're named as:
    Capture0003A1
    Capture0003A2
    Capture0003V

When brought into Avid through the MXF folder/Media Tool they combine into one clip which is great however I get this error when I try to view the clip or basically do anything with it (I can see the footage in frame form, it just doesn't play):

Assertion failed: consumerDur >=0 
    File:
    /Snapshots/relangmtnlion2_1418961066/coresw/ame/src/player/match.c,
    Line:3236

(I think it's interesting that it says: 'mtnlion' and I'm running on 10.10 Yosemite, could this be the issue?) 
    It is then immediately followed by:

Exception: FATAL_ERROR, msg:Assertion failed: consumerDur >=0, file:/Snapshots/relangmtnlion2_1418961066/coresw/ame/src/player/match.c, line:3236

These two error messages usually run through twice before taking back to Avid MC. 
    The project that I'm working in is 1080p25 as most of the footage is this format however on import these MXF files are ID'ed as 1080i50. I don't have contact with the DoP yet however if I do get in contact I will follow up in this thread.

Basically, what do the errors mean and how can I get this footage into Avid without these errors?

Thanks.

Filed under: , , , , , ,
  • Mon, Jan 26 2015 5:50 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Re: Trouble importing MXF files into Avid (8.3) on 10.10 Yosemite

Does it tell you what codec it is in the bin? It sounds like they might not be the right type of mxf for the mediafiles folder. Try AMA linking and if they play using one of the mxf AMA plugins then consolidate to the MXF Folder

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Wed, Jan 28 2015 12:03 AM In reply to

• StephenW1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 41
    • Points 565

I just found out that the files I was looking at and having trouble with in the Media Tool were the MXFs already imported into Avid at time of filming (by another editor) and not the MXFs that I thought I was experimenting with. I'm currently trying to get in contact with the editor or DoP but I'm continuing my search anyway.

The MXFs are identified as 1080i50 DNxHD 185 X (HD1080i). Video File Format: MXF.
    In the Media Tool I can see the three files (one video, two audio) along with the Master Clip combining all three.

If I try to AMA link as .mxf I get a Segmentation Fault Thread error in Avid and it crashes.

Also none of the AMA plugins seem to support Avid 8 in the plugins page. 

• Wed, Jan 28 2015 4:14 AM In reply to

• StephenW1
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 41
    • Points 565

Update:

According to the DP who imported the footage, it was recorded to a BlackMagic Hyperdeck Shuttle recorded in DNxHD 185x and should import fine if imported through Media Tool. I have a strong feeling that the problem is my computer or operating system as I've tried other harddrives and media folders.

Next step will be to find another computer to test on.

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:02 AM In reply to

Don't forget to post your test result here. I would like to knwo. And if you don't mind , you can try to covnert them into some comaptible format? But the quality may have some lose.

• Fri, Feb 6 2015 9:26 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

StephenW1:

Update:

According to the DP who imported the footage, it was recorded to a BlackMagic Hyperdeck Shuttle recorded in DNxHD 185x

This is a confirmed bug , a guess is that BM needs to update their firmware to fit 8,3

View this post at http://community.avid.com/forums/p/131935/754705.aspx#754705

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller