Latest post Wed, Aug 8 2018 4:09 PM by Dom Q. Silverio. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 24 2014 8:55 AM

• Onno V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 22 2008
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

AAF export for Davinci Resolve

Hi,

on every project we do, we go backwards and forwards to Resolve. But I recently updated to 8.2 and yesterday to 8.3 and in both these versions resolve is unable to link to aaf to the original camera files. It relinks to the avid media and i have checked the 'relink to camera files' box on aaf import. I was previously working on 7.04 with no problems.

Would be nice if this can be fixed on Avid's side or Resolve's side.

Kind regards, 

Onno

---

Hardware:

Mac Pro, Mid 2010

2x 2.66 GHz 6-core

24 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

OS X 10.9.4

NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

CUBIX - 2x GTX TITAN 6GB

Decklink Extreme 4K

Software:

Media Composer 8.3

Davinci Resolve  11.1.3

Filed under: , ,
  • Wed, Dec 24 2014 10:44 AM In reply to

Re: AAF export for Davinci Resolve

With Resolve moving to V11 and AVid to V8 and now 8.3 with UHD support there has been a lot of work for BM and Avid in keeping things compatible.

I can say both BlackMagic and Avid have been working closely to ensure the round trip works and there is a beta version of Resolve that is working with V8.3

Not sure when that will go public and exactly what will and work won't but there are a lot of folks testing and working on compatability.

Bets to stay off the bleading edge unless you enjoy the continual problem solving...

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Wed, Dec 24 2014 2:01 PM In reply to

• Onno V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 22 2008
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Great! Thanks a lot!!

• Wed, Dec 24 2014 5:12 PM In reply to

Onno V:

Hi,

on every project we do, we go backwards and forwards to Resolve. But I recently updated to 8.2 and yesterday to 8.3 and in both these versions resolve is unable to link to aaf to the original camera files. It relinks to the avid media and i have checked the 'relink to camera files' box on aaf import. I was previously working on 7.04 with no problems.

Would be nice if this can be fixed on Avid's side or Resolve's side.

<stuff removed>

I have had trouble lately as well with this. However, yesterday I did a 4k rounder test and it reconnected to the Sony RAW originals.

You try right clicking on the timeline in Resolve and doing Force conform?  That usually works for me.  And as you probably know, sometimes you have to try various check boxes on and off.  You may also try taking the Avid media offline.

I am on Avid 8.3 and Resolve Software 11.1.2 .

Hang in there,

Robert

MacBook Pro Late 2013 2.6 ghz I7/16gb RAM/GT 750M/1TB PCIe SSD & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/HIT2TB/WD650/WD1TB/ProAvio Scary RAID External. [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Wed, Dec 24 2014 5:16 PM In reply to

Pat Horridge:
    8.3 with UHD support

8.3 not only supports UHD but genuine 4K DCI with some variations.

But you knew that.  I mearly post for the others.

Cheers:-)

MacBook Pro Late 2013 2.6 ghz I7/16gb RAM/GT 750M/1TB PCIe SSD & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/HIT2TB/WD650/WD1TB/ProAvio Scary RAID External. [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Wed, Aug 8 2018 8:30 AM In reply to

• Vidosick
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 9 2009
    • Posts 42
    • Points 365

Hi, I decided to join this topic, instead of creating a new topic.

Although the problems of exporting the AAF have already been discussed. In fact, the message about LongGOP appears in any case even with a full transcoding of all the footage to DNxHD. And I still can not understand the correct way to give edit sequence to Resolve in the AAF format. Of course, I also give a mixdown, but this is not an option. I would like to find the right way.

HP Z800 workstation, Win7x64bit, Avid MC on Nitris DX, Nvidia Quadro P5000, RAM 24 GB [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 8 2018 4:09 PM In reply to

First make sure you commit all multicams. Then try transcoding the sequence PRIOR to exporting.

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller