Latest post Tue, May 19 2015 11:35 AM by Eric. 67 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 19 2015 5:39 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer 8.3 NOW AVAILABLE!

My Application Manager refuses to show me 8.3. it showing 8.2 as current. How do I fix this? 12 Core Trash Can Mac Pro on OSX 10.9.5

Dennis

• Mon, Jan 19 2015 6:24 PM In reply to

If software activated did you de activate and then acticate as suggested in the install process?

If dongle activated did you get a new updater.avd file after installing 8.3 and then update your dongle with the new updater file?

• Tue, Jan 20 2015 9:56 PM In reply to

hello Tiger_XP,

I ´d like ask you about Avid media composer 8.3 with MOTU HDX-SDI..It´s work ok?

Becasue I have Motu HDX-SDI and edit on Avid MC 7.0.4.1..now I´ve bought subscription for Avid MC 8.3...official Motu HDX SDI don´t fully support for Avid MC 8.3.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Maros, Slovakia

• Wed, Jan 21 2015 4:22 AM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 23 2014
    • Cologne
    • Posts 52
    • Points 715

Until today ther is no help. Does this Helpline cost about 0,42 Euro/Minute? If it is like that, I want to refund my costs for calling, caus e it is a shame, what Avid does. They sell buggy Software can not help but takes money for calling! I think there is no support for MacOS 10.10.1 even if Avid says it. There are so many problems with the 8.2 and 8.3 versions - I can not count them.
    I have asked for the 8.2.1-Software? Customer Support told me to install, but did not send a link to download it.

Why you do not care your customers?
    I am realy upsed.

Thomas

Doing regular manual saves are still the only way to be sure your work is secure and its a trick old school editors won't drop. [view my complete system specs]

Thomas Poerschke, Editor & Colorist

ColorGrading.TV @ MMC Studios Köln, Am Coloneum 1, 50829 Cologne, Germany
    web: www.colorgrading.tv

• Wed, Jan 21 2015 8:17 AM In reply to

BANDSALATundSCHNITTLAUCH:
    Until today ther is no help. Does this Helpline cost about 0,42 Euro/Minute? If it is like that, I want to refund my costs for calling, caus e it is a shame, what Avid does. They sell buggy Software can not help but takes money for calling! I think there is no support for MacOS 10.10.1 even if Avid says it. There are so many problems with the 8.2 and 8.3 versions - I can not count them.
    I have asked for the 8.2.1-Software? Customer Support told me to install, but did not send a link to download it.

Why you do not care your customers?
    I am realy upsed.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Please don't post the same question multiple times.  I've answered your other post here:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/132048.aspx

Media Composer 2020.6 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Z-Book G6 17", i7-9850H 2.60GHz, 32gb RAM, NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000, Windows 10 Pro [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, Jan 23 2015 7:39 PM In reply to

• Eric
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Canada
    • Posts 568
    • Points 6,485

Just waiting for an update for my dongle.

I have a Sony PVM X300 and UltraStudio 4K dying to test the 4K waters with Avid MC 8.3.

So far Im getting UHD from FCPX and Resolve but no dice (no video period) Premiere Pro CC 2014.

Edit:

Success!! Got my first 4K UHD project working with the Sony and UltraStudio.

Premiere big fail :P

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Apple OS X 10.13.6 MC 2018.10.0 Avid Arist I/O [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 6 2015 12:47 PM In reply to

Hi Shaun - did you get 8.3 in the end, and if so, does it work with OSX 10.8.5?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

• Tue, May 19 2015 11:35 AM In reply to

• Eric
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Canada
    • Posts 568
    • Points 6,485

Eric:
    Success!! Got my first 4K UHD project working with the Sony and UltraStudio...

Months later I have to report that it has not been a good ride with MC 8.3.x and the UltraStudio4K.

It got so bad I even stayed away from the Avid booth at NAB.

I didnt want to waste my trip on tech support talk :P

To date there is no fix other than Avid/BMD both agreet that the UltraStudio4K and MC 8.3.x dont work together on the Mac Pro (Ive only tested on new Mac Pro).

The playback issue persists and no fix unless you rol back MC to 7.x.

Then of course they go and announce the DNxIO unit :P 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Apple OS X 10.13.6 MC 2018.10.0 Avid Arist I/O [view my complete system specs]
Page 5 of 5 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller