Latest post Fri, Dec 12 2014 4:34 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 12 2014 1:12 AM

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 395
    • Points 5,070

max bin size MC 7.0.4.1

Greetings,

Does anyone know if there is a suggested max bin size?  I'm using a new mac pro with 32GB RAM. I have one sequence in a bin and that bin is 108MB. I'm trying to export same as source to either the local desktop or a local thunderbolt drive. I get the Segmentation Fault at thread 0x00 error every time I try. I mixed down the audio which brought my bin/sequence down to 80MB but it still crashes. I've tried this on three mac pros each with 32MB RAM.

Our bins each with one sequence that are only 40MB export just fine. The structure of the sequences are the same. We're using all the video and audio tracks, they are just shorted chunks of our project.

Does anyone know if there's a limit to a sequence size?  I was hoping that because MC is now finally 64-bit we wouldn't have these memory issues any more.

Thanks for any input regarding this.

-cablet

MC 7.0.4.1

OSX 10.9.5

32MB RAM

DNxHD36 Media

Terrablock 24D over Gb ethernet

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 12 2014 4:34 PM In reply to

Re: max bin size MC 7.0.4.1

Same as source export has no bearing on bin size. It's all about the sequence and the content.

Have you tried a video mixdown as well? Not to reduce bin size but to simplify the sequence.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller