Latest post Mon, Dec 1 2014 5:31 PM by BLKDOG. 20 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:06 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: MC 8.2 Segmentation Fault when using "moncon off"

Best OS for 8.2 right now is 10.9.2 so stay with that. 

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

• Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:18 PM In reply to

• Marc_89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 4 2011
    • Posts 130
    • Points 1,750

Hello Marianna,

I am not in my first year. Before contacting support I first try to downgrade OS somehow, but thanks for he insight.

If downgrade doesnt work I guess I need support anyway.

I am on an iMac late 2013 with 3,5GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core CPU, so i hope CPU is not a Problem. MC 7 with 10.9.2 worked just fine.

So you think I should get 10.9.2 back... I already feared that Guess I need to find an 10.9.2 installer on the internet and make another fresh install.

*Media Composer Academic 8.2.0* on a Mac with OSX 10.9.5.* iMac late 2013 Intel Core i7 quad 3,5Ghz, 24Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX780M, Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:25 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,736
    • Points 224,830
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Marc....

I wasnt implying you were in your "first" year..... not sure where that came from but if I offended somehow - apologies.  

I see you updated the specs and have 24GB of RAM so thats good.  

MC 7 and 10.9.x unfortuntely cant be compaired as they are different versions with different features and code base.  

I would rather you speak with support first before you do all that work to go back and forth with the MC and OS.

email me off forum..... address is below.  Indicate your region so I know who to connect you with.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:35 PM In reply to

• Marc_89
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 4 2011
    • Posts 130
    • Points 1,750

I am sorry, it wasnt implied that I am in my first year. I was just typing it to confirm it. I apologize for the confusion and am not offended! I very much appretiate your message and your help.

I will send that email. Thank you very much.

*Media Composer Academic 8.2.0* on a Mac with OSX 10.9.5.* iMac late 2013 Intel Core i7 quad 3,5Ghz, 24Gb RAM, Nvidia GTX780M, Thunderbolt, USB 3.0 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 1 2014 5:23 PM In reply to

• Helpyou
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 25 2008
    • Posts 33
    • Points 415

Hi,

Please could you share with us why you are recommended Mac OS 10.9.2 with MC 8.2 ?

Because the latest MC 8.2 Readme say: Macintosh v10.8.5, v10.9.4, v10.9.5, and v10.10 (with limitations)

Thanks!

• Mon, Dec 1 2014 5:31 PM In reply to

• BLKDOG
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Lansing, MI
    • Posts 17,731
    • Points 226,380
    • Avid Employee
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Hi,

So, when it comes to building Media Composer Clients, I deal in "Images" and what I know works. 10.9.2 and MC8.x has been very stable on my deployments.

Now, 10.9.4 should be fine too as there were not a lot of changes under the hood that affect Avid, I just have not deployed it yet. 

10.10.x is great for stand a lone Macs (I run it on my personal system) but not for ISIS or Interplay and I haven't yet had enough time in the water with it on my sites to recommend it as stable across the board.

So, I recommend what I know is working for my sites. When I can get more time on Yosemite, I'll be able to recommend that. I know we are releasing an ISIS clinet for it very soon so my projects may be able to deploy it.

Project Manager, Avid Professional Services - Americas [view my complete system specs]

In agreement, Unity. In Disagreement, Discussion. In all things, Charity.

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller