Latest post Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:38 PM by Todd Sanderson. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 28 2014 4:46 PM

• Tony Randel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 17 2011
    • Newbury Park, CA
    • Posts 150
    • Points 1,985

Media Tool causes offline issues

I needed to consolidate an entire small project -all media - to another drive so client could take the project.  I opened Media Tools and selected the project and the drive where the media resided.  After the Media Tool's bin was populated about half the media in the project went offline and will not relink.  Strangely, if I go into a bin and select a single clip it might relink but as soon as I try to relink a another clip the first clip goes offiline again.

I'm on MC 7.0.3 and 2013 Mac Pro.

I'm stumped.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Tony

Mac Pro late 2013 32 GB RAM, Mavricks 10.9.5 AVID MC 7.0.4.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 28 2014 6:23 PM In reply to

• Tony Randel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Aug 17 2011
    • Newbury Park, CA
    • Posts 150
    • Points 1,985

Re: Media Tool causes offline issues

Rebuilding the data based fixed the offline issue.  

Can someone point me to best way to move a project to another drive?

Thanks

Mac Pro late 2013 32 GB RAM, Mavricks 10.9.5 AVID MC 7.0.4.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:06 PM In reply to

If you can identify the project's files in the Finder, you can just copy them.  Avid doesn't do this automatically, others use MediaMover (paid) or MDV (Windows, free) to identify a project's files and isolate them for you.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:37 PM In reply to

Hi Tony.  I find a simple re-boot also resolves the issue.  This intermitent issue popped up for me with MC 7.  The databases just will not properly rebuild or register the media as online.  I shuttle projects and media between a MC 8, MC 7, MC 5 and even a MC 4 suite.  The 5 and 4 suites never show this issue.  The MC 7 suite needs a re-boot after the media is copied into the MXF folder every single time.  The MC 8 suite is better.... but still needs a re-start maybe 30% of the time or so.

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

• Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:38 PM In reply to

Also Tony.... you need this.

http://randomvideo.com/

MC 2018.9, Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller