Latest post Tue, Jan 13 2015 9:28 PM by Marianna. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 18 2014 10:27 AM

• raphael
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 8 2014
    • Posts 23
    • Points 295

Application manager : error code 5

Hello,

When i start my computer, a window appears. Has someone met this problem? i am on windows 7 64b and Avid MC 8.0.1 and don't have a dongle. Thanks for helping.

Moreover, i can not start MediaComposer even in trial mode.

Win 7 - MC8.1 - P8P67 REV3.1 - I7 2600k - 16GB Corsair - Geforce Gtx 560ti - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - WD Black 2TB [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:17 AM In reply to

Re: Application manager : error code 5

I had the same problem some time ago. Maranna helped me as follows:

Look for the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Avid\SWL

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses\Pro_Editor

If found, delete the files inside. DO NOT delete the folders.

This solved the problem in my case.

MB: ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate. CPU: Intel Eight Core i9-9900K/3600 16MB Cache, SATA Hard Disks Raid (2x4 TB), GPU 1200MHz. GC: Gainward RTX2080 Super... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 18 2014 11:37 AM In reply to

• raphael
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 23
    • Points 295

Thank you very much Roland. It has started my Mc back but unfortunatly in trial mode only.

My licence is still deactivated. I have never succeded to activate online (it always fails to join the servor) and offline is not working either (even with the xxxxxxx.bin file method).

I  contact support. But i can work for 30 days at least...

Win 7 - MC8.1 - P8P67 REV3.1 - I7 2600k - 16GB Corsair - Geforce Gtx 560ti - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - WD Black 2TB [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Nov 20 2014 8:26 AM In reply to

• wmcole
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 589
    • Points 7,820

I just ran into this problem, a few days ago.  I followed the fix recommended here and it worked.  After AppMgr started functioning normally, when I started MC 8.2 I simply had to re-select my activation mode (I'm still using the dongle) and everything was back to normal.  For software activation, you might have to first de-activate the license, then re-select activation when MC first starts after fixing the error code 5 issue.

HP z840 dual 8-core; PCI slot 3, Creative SB X-Fi audio card; 32 GB Ram; 4 x 1 TB RAID 5 internal SATA Western Digital Caviar Green Media drives (appears... [view my complete system specs]

-----

wmc

• Mon, Dec 8 2014 2:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,311
    • Points 232,425
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Roland Achini:

I had the same problem some time ago. Maranna helped me as follows:

Look for the following folders............... 

This one works for one version only and there are multiple versions so you are best to call support if you encounter this issue...

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 10 2014 7:23 PM In reply to

• PCDuncan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 20 2009
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 37
    • Points 565

I am having this exact problem and none of the proposed solutions are working. Have tried the recommended fix to the PACE service which worked for a while. When I did the delete files fix it let me reactivate as a temp license (should be permanent) and then immediately gave me error code 5 again. In addition, I find it impossible to contact anyone at Avid to help with this.

Any assistance, even a phone number would be great. Thanks.

Patrick

Avid Media Composer v8.3; Windows7 Professional with SP1 64-bit; Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 980X 3.33 GHz Six Core Socket LGA1366; Intel DX58SO Extreme... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 11 2014 2:10 PM In reply to

Hi PCDuncan,

Can you email me offlist please? Keith.Gerrard@avid.com

Thanks!

~Keith

--- 

Keith Gerrard

CP Senior Video Beta Coordinator | P&S Creative Professionals 30 (Matthew Collins)

Avid

65 Network Drive

01803 Burlington

United States Of America

keith.gerrard@avid.com 

m +1 (530) 237-4331 

Help drive the future direction of the industry.  

Join the Avid Customer Association

Save the Date for Avid Connect 2015!

April 10-12, 2015 Las Vegas

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:04 PM In reply to

• Pete Higgins
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 8 2015
    • Ireland
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Hi Folks,

I'm getting the exact same error as raphael 

I've tried reinstalling MC along with the application manager but I still get the Error Code: 5 notification. I can't use AVID at all (I'm on an annual Symphony option subscription on Windows 7) and I'm losing precious work time! I've been using the Application manager for 3 months and my current machine and the past year on another and this error has never cropped up.

I'd appreciate any help!

Cheers

Pete

HP Z420 - MC 8.3.1 - 64bit 8GB RAM - Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50Ghz [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:08 PM In reply to

• raphael
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 23
    • Points 295

Hi Pete, i advise you to call Avid support who kindly fixed this but unfortunatly i didn't get the why and how yet.

• Thu, Jan 8 2015 1:43 PM In reply to

• Pete Higgins
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 8 2015
    • Ireland
    • Posts 6
    • Points 70

Thanks Raphael, a quick call to AVID support sorted the problem!

For anyone who has the problem in the future (and much like Roland's explanation above) - 

Make sure to quit Application Manger through the task manager and then go to C:/ProgramData (you'll need to show hidden folders to first) and delete the following FOLDERS

Avid/Licenses/Pro_Editor

Avid/AppManager

Avid/SWL

Pinnacle/Pixie

Application Manager should now start up fine and you'll just need to reactivate your software with your System I.D. and software activation key.

Why didn't I just call support 4 hours ago!! 

HP Z420 - MC 8.3.1 - 64bit 8GB RAM - Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50Ghz [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 9 2015 1:08 AM In reply to

• LDV20
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 18 2011
    • Posts 299
    • Points 3,575

Yes - I have seen this on my system.  I just click the X and it goes away.  Avid then runs normal.  It happens every now and then.  However I just upgraded so I have not been running 8.3 for for a significant amount of time.

Symphony 2020.8 - Win 10 pro (1909),Gigabyte X299X with i9 10920X cpu, Quadro P2000, 64gig memory, 1TB NV ystem drive, WD 4TB, BM Min Monitor, 11.7 drivers... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 13 2015 7:10 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, May 24 2013
    • London
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

I have just started to get this problem. Drill down to Library/ApplicationSupport/Avid/AppManager and all I have in there is a config.txt file.

"FNCProcessPortNumber 1696"

Not sure if this is the listening port for the application, seems a bit strange to me?

Just want to obliterate the AppManager then I can re-license with my Dongle.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Russ

Mac Pro 8 core with 32Gig of memory 27inch TB display and Sharp UHD monitor Current favourite DSLR is Panasonic GH4 Pre-ordered Sony FS7 (waiting "uncomfortably"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jan 13 2015 9:28 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 11,311
    • Points 232,425
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey Russ et al....

I just explained that to the mod squad yesterday.

Depending on the platform you have you will need to remove the following folder:

Note: This applies for both Application Manager and Avid License Control utilities in all versions between 6.x to  8.x.

PC -  Look for the following folders.  If found, delete the entire folder.

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses

Mac - Look for the following folders. If found, delete the entire folder.

Macintosh HD/Library/Application_Support/Avid/Licenses

Important:   If you can’t find the specific folder in Windows, go to Folder Options in the Tools menu and select “Show Hidden Folders.”

HTH
    marianna  

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller