Latest post Mon, Dec 15 2014 11:33 AM by rame435. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Oct 20 2014 7:31 PM

Media Composer | Software -- Release 8.2 Available!

Avid has released the latest version of Media Composer | Software v8.2, now available for the Mac.

How to Get It:
    - Customers running v8.0 can download through the Avid Application Manager or from the Avid Download Center (login required).
    - New customers or customers wanting to upgrading from v7 and earlier should go to the Avid Store.
    - Media Composer | Software is also available as a 30-day trial.

NOTE: If you're having trouble with Application Manager updating to v2.1, try downloading the full installer via the Avid Download Center.

Mac OS X:

This version is qualified for Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 (Mavericks), and 10.10 (Yosemite).  NOTE: Avid has observed reduced performance with operations like render, transcode, and playback on higher core count systems on Yosemite.  The dual 6 core Mac Pro tower (Westmere) and the 2013 Mac Pro with 12 cores are the most susceptible to this issue, particularly with higher bandwidth media.

ReadMe:

The new and updated ReadMe is attached to this thread. 

What's New:

- Background Rendering
    - Favorite Bins
    - Enhanced Select Project Window
    - Quick Filter Field in project Window
    - Search for Markers
    - DMF support for DPX files

Installation:

When installing via the Application Manager, you do not have to uninstall the previous version, but there is no harm in doing so.

==========

If you have any issues with the download or installation, please post them here.  If you have bug-related posts or other questions, please start a new thread.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Oct 20 2014 7:32 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer | Software -- Release 8.2 Available!

And the "What's New" is attached to this post.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:06 AM In reply to

• Mike
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 21 2014
    • MA
    • Posts 20
    • Points 225

I just updated from 8.0 and installed and it was fine but when trying to open it I get this "exception: OSX Midilo MlDlClientCreate failed, OSStatus:268451843" and when I click ok it closes. I tried updating to 8.1 when it came out and it did this as well so I just went back to 8.0. I am running OSX 10.9.5 which is now supported for 8.2 so that shouldn't be the problem. I called support when 8.1 came out and I ran into that problem and was told it was because 8.1 couldn't run on 10.9.5. But now that 8.2 is supposed to be supported for 10.9.5 I'm not sure what the problem is.

Any idea what it could be? Should i call support tomorrow to figure it out? 

Thank you!!

Late 2016 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 quad core i7, 16GB 2133 MHz DDR3 RAM, Radeon Pro 455 2048 MB + Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 21 2014 2:24 PM In reply to

• MG
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 84
    • Points 1,025

Just updated through the Application Manager and it was nice just downloading an update and not have to uninstall the older version and then download the full 2 gig install package.  I'm not use to that for the Mac version of media composer.

MacPro 2013, 16Gb mem, os 10.10.5, MC 8.4.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Oct 26 2014 6:12 PM In reply to

I saw that 8.2 was released and opened the Application Manager to upgrade.  8.2 doesn't appear as an option and it still says that 8.1.0.34535 is the most current version.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there an update for the Application Manager?  

I'm running OSX 10.9.5 on an iMac 3.4GHz i7 with 32gb RAM.

OS X 10.9.5 iMac 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Oct 26 2014 6:42 PM In reply to

Jason Bielski:
     Is there an update for the Application Manager?  

There is.  The most current version of the Application Manager is 2.1.1.  Is that what you're on?

Media Composer 2018.12.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Oct 27 2014 3:27 AM In reply to

I'm on Version 2.0.0.1375.  How do you update the Application Manager???

OS X 10.9.5 iMac 3.4GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 27 2014 2:48 PM In reply to

If the Application Manager doesn't see the update to itself, I would recommend using the Avid Download Center and installing 8.2 manually.  That will also install a new version of AppMan.

There have been issues with the older version of AppMan seeing the updates.  Hopefully once you get to the latest it will be smooth sailing forward.

-- Kevin

• Mon, Nov 3 2014 3:19 PM In reply to

• pwinestock
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 14 2014
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

I just upgraded from v8 to 8.2 with the hope that this might fix compatibility issues with the Matrox Mini02... but it would appear that the yelps of many Matrox users have gone unheard by Avid. Any idea when an update will come out that will actually enable Matrox to work properly? I have a lag in my picture on my computer monitor (the client monitor works fine and fluidly) that is very distracting, and also makes my trimming delayed. I'm working on a dual six-core Mac, Maverick OS.

Thanks.

Paul.

• Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:25 PM In reply to

• djluke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 7 2011
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

What is the timetable for qualifying for OS 10.10?

• Tue, Nov 11 2014 5:21 PM In reply to

I would also like to know when OS 10.10 will get qualified. I just purchased a new MacPro thhat has 10.10 preinstalled and Apple has disabled the ability to downgrade to 10.9.5. So...my choice is to return the $7500 machine or find out that MC8.2 works just fine with it. Can you guess which option I'm hoping for? :) 

• Tue, Nov 11 2014 5:38 PM In reply to

• djluke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 7 2011
    • Posts 15
    • Points 185

I don't know which is more irritating, Apple's insistence that the latest OS is the only one you're entitled to or Avid's reluctance to keep up to date.

• Tue, Nov 11 2014 5:56 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,378
    • Points 220,420
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Apple releases it to companies like Avid on the same day you get it. While we do have beta prior... they make changes sometimes up to the minute so we have to test all over again.  Case in point, 8.1 seems to work with OS X Yosemite but the same system with 8.2 exhibts performance issues in a certain circumstance.  The  moderators are helping to tets rela world configs and we should have approval soon.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Nov 11 2014 6:05 PM In reply to

Marianna, I lay the blame at the feet of Apple. I've never heard of completely disabling a machine to get a clean install of a previous OS. They told me the firmware update with Yosemite is incompatible with all previous versions of the OS. I don't want to spend time searching for a reseller with an older Macpro that has Mavericks on it as I custom configured the MacPro sitting on my desk. If you think OS 10.10 is a week or two away from being cleared. I'll hold onto the machine. If it's 6-12 weeks from being cleared, I gotta get my return authorization.

• Tue, Nov 11 2014 6:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,378
    • Points 220,420
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

it is immenent.... 

several moderators are already using it :) so maybe they can chime in on their success. As I said the preformance issue is VERY specific to a format.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller