Latest post Fri, Oct 10 2014 7:37 PM by S.Clements. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 10 2014 4:45 PM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,775

How do you colour grade the contents on a green screen shot after pulling the key?

Hi,

I've long had trouble with effects in Avid, with one effect affecting everything beneath it and not being able to isolate elements within nests.  So, if you pull a key on a greenscreen, how do you then grade the actors to match the background plate?

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 10 2014 6:59 PM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,775

Re: How do you colour grade the contents on a green screen shot after pulling the key?

I figured out that I have to make a duplicate later of the foreground and put the spectramatte effect on the top layer and put a color correction filter on the bottom layer. I then have to make the spectramatte effect show the alpha. Then, I have to collapse the layers and put the Matte key effect on the nest.  That solved part of the problem, but I need to use a garbage matte on the greenscreen shot.  How do I use animatte in conjuntion with spectramatte?

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Oct 10 2014 7:37 PM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,775

Re: How do you colour grade the contents on a green screen shot after pulling the key?

Okay, so I've figured out how to use the paint effect to paint out the garbage green (not the ideal solution, but it works) and the paint effect and spectramatte seem to work in conjunction to allow me to use the matte key effect to make a matte. However, I cannot figure out how to grade the footage properly, using the color correction workspace.  I can fiddle with the limited color corection interface in the effects editor, but really want to use curves.  How do I do this?  Man, Avid is a pain for effects!!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller