Latest post Tue, Sep 2 2014 9:01 PM by Rinze Schuurman. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:18 PM

• conorfitz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 2 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Gave AMA Tape names before transcode, now it won't relink to HD

Hi everyone,

I AMA'd my rushes and gave them Tape names as per insturctions from the company doing the Online. Then I transcoded the AMA clips to Mpeg50 for the Offline edit.

I now need to relink original media to HD for some material to be sent off to the broadcaster at full res. However the relink won't work and I've tried everything. I'm under the impression it's the tape naming BEFORE trancode that is the issue. Is there a solution to this?

Using MC7 on a Mac.

Thank you in advance.

• Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:24 PM In reply to

Re: Gave AMA Tape names before transcode, now it won't relink to HD

I never add tape names to AMA linked clips. It can cause issues with re-linking.

You have the source path which indicates the location of the sources and that can act as a "tape name"

Or even make a custom column and use that to store the folder name.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Sep 2 2014 8:31 PM In reply to

• conorfitz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 2 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Thanks Pat. Is there a method you can suggest to relink or resolve the issue? I need to Full Res some material in the morning, and I also have concerns now for when the show is being properly Onlined.

Thanks

• Tue, Sep 2 2014 9:01 PM In reply to

• Rinze Schuurman
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    • Posts 436
    • Points 5,505

Pat Horridge:
    You have the source path which indicates the location of the sources and that can act as a "tape name"

But doesn't that cause trouble when the path is changed, fe when the drive letter changes? In the past I ran into trouble with AMA files when they relinked to the wrong clips with the same name and timecode (which often happens with Canon 5D material) Hence until now it is my policy to give tapenames just like the original post did. When I ran into similar problems I found the solution using these settings to relink the sequence. Note the Ignore Extension setting when relinking by tape and name, so Avid isn't confused by the .new extension of the transcoded clips and make sure the files you want to link to aren't on the same drive as the ones you offlined with. Hope it works for you as well.

4 avid systems on x58 and x79 platforms with 18 TB internal mediadrive in raid 5 each and 300 GB ssd OS drive, Nvidia GTX 580 to Nvidia GTX Titan video... [view my complete system specs]

"Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller