Latest post Tue, Aug 26 2014 1:10 PM by Dennis Kutchera. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 26 2014 1:10 PM

Timeline icons & CTI disappear / workspaces reset

I am having an issue with 7.04 on OSX 10.8.5 on a 2009 Mac Pro. Also contained in it is an extra GPU Geforce 570, Caldigit USB 3/ESATA. I also have an Avid Artist Color attached. IO device is Black Magic Design Mini Monitor

Multiple times during the day, the CTI and all the icons for colour grading and effect will vanish. You can still work, but you cannot see where you are. I used to be able to recover by closing the timeline window and re-opening it, But it has become more and more frequent and the only way out is to quit MC and restart the application. This always occurs when I am in colour correction mode. I also see a strange response from the software in colour mode - when I adjust the colour, the right monitor in the GUI that is displaying another shot in the sequence will flicker as I adjust the shot being graded. 

Perhaps related, workspaces will reset to default every time I close and restart MC. I have tp reconfig and resave. 

I've tried new user, trash MC state, repair permissions, etc. to no avail. The problem persists. 

I also have an almost identical system in the office with the exception of the 2nd graphics card being a Geforce 680. It does not suffer from these problems. Also, in the office, I am using two identcal resolution and model of monitors. At home I use an Apple Cinema display and a 1920x1080.

There is one problem that both these systems share, but more so on the Mac Pro with the other issues - MC will go into a kind of slow motion response where no matter what you do, you get a spining beachball. If you wait long enough, it woll eventually complete the operation, but continue to exhibit the slow beach ball response. The force quit and Activity Monitor do not show anything as not responding, but MC is definitely only barely responding. 

If anyone can offer some hints as to what is happening and how to solve this, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller