Latest post Tue, Aug 12 2014 4:27 PM by Pat Horridge. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:04 PM

• rachinc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 17 2012
    • Posts 38
    • Points 600

Does Avid have an equivalent to Adobe Media Encoder?

Does Avid have an equivalent to Adobe Media Encoder? Or to Apple's Compressor? Does Avid a piece of software that comes bundled with Avid (the way that Media Encoder comes with the Adobe suite) to do file conversions? I'm guessing Sorensen squeeze but I've never used that software so I'm not sure if it has a bunch of conversion options like Encoder does. 

• Tue, Aug 12 2014 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Does Avid have an equivalent to Adobe Media Encoder?

You guessed correctly, Sorenson Squeeze.  Not sure if it is bundled anymore, but at one point it was. And it has tons of presets.

• Tue, Aug 12 2014 4:27 PM In reply to

Re: Does Avid have an equivalent to Adobe Media Encoder?

Yes squeeze is the tool and Avid has a send to menu item to send to squeeze. If you are on subscription you get Squeeze lite.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller