Latest post Thu, Aug 7 2014 7:22 PM by Steve_V. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 30 2014 6:48 PM

• Steve_V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 30 2014
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Pan and Zoom Effects from MC6 Symphony Won't Display in MC7

Hi All - 

This is my first time posting to the forum as it's the first time I didn't see my question already answered on here.  So here goes:

I'm working at a post house and we have MC7 installed on 6 of our 7 stations.  The other station has MC6 Symphony.  All systems are linked through a Facilis Terrablock server.  Today I tried to export a final sequence created on MC6 Symphony from my station, which is MC7.  When I did, I received an error message stating: 

"The sequence contains unloaded/unknown effects.  The desired output may not be seen unless the effect plug-ins are loaded or a valid render is already present. (See console for more information).  For more detailed effects information, please run "Sequence Report" from the bin or Record Monitor."

Now I've isolated what I believe to be the issue.  It's a png file with a Pan and Zoom effect on it.  For some reason, the effect displays as a black screen.  Once I remove the effect, the picture displays as normal.  I'm a bit baffled by this as Pan and Zoom is supported by both versions.  

I was able to get onto the MC6 Symphony station the sequernce was cut on and the effect displayed perfectly and it exported with no errors so I know it's some kind of compatibility issue.  Now we are very close to launching post on a new season  so my question is why won't MC7 display this and of course, is there something I can do to rectify the issue so that I can export content created on the MC6 machine from my MC7 station with confidance?

Thanks! 

Also never posted my system specs before so please let me know if I omitted any enecessary info.

MC7 Station is: OSX 10.9.2, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, 32GB RAM, NVDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB graphics

MC6 Station is: OSX 10.8.5, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 12 GB 1333Mhz DDR3, 12GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024MB 

Thanks!

• Thu, Jul 31 2014 10:38 PM In reply to

• N Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 3 2014
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 91
    • Points 1,125

Re: Pan and Zoom Effects from MC6 Symphony Won't Display in MC7

It could be related to building the effect on one system and opening it on another. With this effect, there's a link to an external item - the png file. When you move systems, the newer system can lose the link. Can also break if the png is on a network drive but the two systems access that drive differently. (One might be a fibre connection, the other an ethernet connection, etc.) Or worse, the png might be on a local storage location and the second system obviously doesn't see it.

Essentially, the png needs to accessed by both systems in exactly the same way.

Not sure if that helps.

And the other thing is that MC 7 has FrameFlex which MC6 doesn't. And that affects how different systems see media like external stills. I had a similar problem to yours but that was starting on a MC7 system and finishing on a MC6.5 system.

So, no answer from me; just hoping I might get you on the right path.

Neil.

Media Composer 8.8.5.46340 with Symphony HP Z6 G4 Workstation 32.00 GB RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4116 CPU @ 2.10GHz BCC 12.0.4 Avid ISIS & Nexus [view my complete system specs]

Neil.

• Thu, Aug 7 2014 7:22 PM In reply to

• Steve_V
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 30 2014
    • Posts 6
    • Points 90

Re: Pan and Zoom Effects from MC6 Symphony Won't Display in MC7

N RYAN - Thanks for weighing in on this.  After some further digging, I think that's exactly the situation.  The .png file was located on the desktop of the station it was edited on so the it never traveled with the project.  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller