Latest post Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:41 PM by usatraveler. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 18 2014 1:51 PM

• stewart
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • shevin
    • Posts 9
    • Points 105

consolidate an ama sequence

I have a sequence which incorporates both transcoded and AMA media (most of which is ProRes). All of the media is on a Lanshare. I want to consolidate the sequence's clips with 24 frame handles to a drive I can work with off-site.

When I attempted it to do this, I got a few error messages and much of the AMA files did not get consolidated. I looked at the console and it mentioned a few AMA clips that were not consolidated, but others were also skipped.

Do you need to transcode AMA media before consolidating a sequence?

Mac Pro 2013 10.12.6 Media Composer 2018.11.0 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:29 PM In reply to

• Dan
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 28 2011
    • Posts 238
    • Points 3,055

Re: consolidate an ama sequence

I think you have to transcode AMA before you can consolidate.  If you select your sequence and transcode, there should be an option to only transcode the AMA clips, at least I think there's an option to do that.  If there is, transcode the AMA, then consolidate the sequence.

• Fri, Jul 18 2014 4:41 PM In reply to

Re: consolidate an ama sequence

It depends on what kind of AMA media.

If it's an Avid-native format, such as ProRes, DNxHD, or anything else that's in the media creation options, you can consolidate.

If it's not an Avid-native format, you must transcode.  AVCHD and other forms of H.264 are common examples of this.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller