Latest post Sat, Jul 12 2014 6:00 PM by Scott_Freeman. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 12 2014 12:18 PM

• adampaez
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 11 2010
    • Posts 65
    • Points 825

Relink changes my clips in sequence

I'm editing a small sequence with some subclips that were synced together with external sound. Started editing and I switched computers and therefore harddrives with the same mediafiles to continue working but when I had to relink my sequence it changed some of the subclips to their original clips which means that whenever I match frame it goes back to the original video without the synced sound.

Is there any way to correct this? I tried giving all the subclips a tapeid and telling Avid to relink the sequence using tapeid but doesn't really work. If nothing works I will have to manually replace all the clips in the sequence but really there has to be another way. 

• Sat, Jul 12 2014 6:00 PM In reply to

Re: Relink changes my clips in sequence

I wonder if you need to re-establish the links for the sequence to point to the subclip first and not the master clip first. It sounds like when you are on the sequence and you use the Match Frame button that in the Avid Source Monitor a Master Clip gets loaded and not the subclip?

relink to establish linking behavior. I hope this is helpful. I use this relink command all the time to establish the links that I want.

1) select in an Avid bin the Sequence and the subclips at the sametime.

2) use the Avid relink command to establish a link.

activate the following to re-establish the link:

"Selected items in ALL open bins" and "Allow relinking to offline items"

relink_to_establish_linking_behavior_jpg.jpg (539×819)

http://www.metadatalinks.com [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller