Latest post Tue, Jul 8 2014 6:38 PM by Butcher. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 8 2014 3:58 PM

• John Mac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 180
    • Points 2,375

Frameflex mode rotate?

Hi, just testing 4k footage from new GH4 downloaded from web.  Would like to be able to rotate image and wondered if this is possible just using frameflex. If I use Z rotation in resize after applying frameflex, am I losing part of the image? Curious. 

Thanks

john

MC 8 Windows 7 Pro 64-bit i7 Intel Core 4 cores 3.5 GHz 16 Gb ram Nvidia quadro 4000 Matrox mini 6TB internal connected to SATA III ports [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 8 2014 4:30 PM In reply to

Re: Frameflex mode rotate?

FrameFlex does not offer a rotate (Z) function. Doing it after the fact is using the output of the FrameFlex that is now the resolution of the project type. 

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 8 2014 5:39 PM In reply to

Currently, a workaround for me has been to have the Offline Editor use an Avid "Resize" effect with keyframes and I send that to Resolve using an AAF for extraction. This way I can rotate the Image, push in or out, and support Avid keyframes etc.  I have Resolve pull the original  4K 5K camera master and I do a 1920x1080 extraction for online / finishing.

The only issue would be that easing in and easing out becomes a linear move for the keyframes in DaVinci Resolve.

I hope this is helpful.

http://www.metadatalinks.com [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 8 2014 6:38 PM In reply to

• Butcher
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 17 2006
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Posts 1,442
    • Points 18,650

Scott - 

I believe Resolve 11 (in beta now - free download) supports bezier keyframes in the timeline.  Hopefully any bezier keyframes from Avid wil translate properly into Resolve.  I've downloaded the beta but haven't tested it out yet to confirm if it does.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller