Latest post Sun, Jun 29 2014 8:34 PM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 29 2014 6:16 PM

• Salah Anwar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 12 2014
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

Final exported file works with Quick Time not VLC

Hello

I usually use MOV Quick Time reference to export my final project. I face a problem which is that the final project plays well on Quick Time but without sound on VLC Player. I couldn't find out why this is happening everytime.

Avid Media Composer 8.5.3 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , , ,
  • Sun, Jun 29 2014 6:31 PM In reply to

Re: Final exported file works with Quick Time not VLC

What is your goal?  I mean, you can't give out a QT reference movie, so what do you intend to do with it next?

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Jun 29 2014 6:38 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

Salah Anwar:

Hello

I usually use MOV Quick Time reference to export my final project. I face a problem which is that the final project plays well on Quick Time but without sound on VLC Player. I couldn't find out why this is happening everytime.

I've never expected a QT ref file to play in a player and they don't play at all for me with VLC.  I only use them to load into another program to continue working on them (like encoding with Squeeze) so I don't tie up MC with exports and get better encoding.

Have you ever had any play with VLC?  I wouldn't expect them to work that way.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Sun, Jun 29 2014 6:54 PM In reply to

• Salah Anwar
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

My goal is to have the final project file playable on both with no problems becaus I had that issue in an event when all the other files are playing fine except mine and I had to reset the computer and the application. I wonder if there's any export settings would be common for all these players.

• Sun, Jun 29 2014 7:23 PM In reply to

Ok, but you do understand that a Quicktime reference movie can only be used on the system with the media on it, right?  It's intended for use in another application - a DVD authoring program, or a file conversion program, for example.

With that in mind, is a Quicktime reference movie still what you need?

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Sun, Jun 29 2014 7:51 PM In reply to

• Salah Anwar
    • Not Ranked
    • New York, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 210

Now I get what you mean. Can you give me a new export option that I can read about?

what I need is an export settings that will give me a file that can be playable on most PC's and Mac's.

• Sun, Jun 29 2014 8:34 PM In reply to

Salah Anwar:
    Can you give me a new export option that I can read about?

Do you have a file conversion program (like Sorensen Squeeze) or are you exporting straight out of Media Composer?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller