Latest post Wed, Jun 11 2014 9:19 PM by Shireen. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 11 2014 9:19 PM

• Shireen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 11 2014
    • Los Angeles
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Timecode Burn in causing Segmentation Fault

I'm using MC 7.0.4, and when I drop in the burn in effect over the tracks on the timeline, as soon as I attempt to make it visible, it causes a Segmentation fault error and Avid Crashes. If I drop the burn in effect onto a track that has already been made visible, it crashes immediately without even showing an error.

I haven't put in a timecode burn in on this project before, but I am reasonably sure it is not the fault of the project itself. I created a temp project and dropped some footage on a temporary timeline, and the same error occured. For experimentations sake, I attempted exporting the timline with the timecode burn in effect not visible, but it still caused the error upon export. 

I find it pretty strange that it only crashes as soon as I attempt to view the burn in, but really I'm not sure how to fix this or what is causing it.

Media Composer v7.0.4 • 3.5 GHz 6-Core MacPro (Late 2013) • 32 GB RAM • OS X 10.9.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller