Latest post Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:35 AM by AntonRobsahm. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:16 AM

AAF handle issue

Hi. 

I'm currently delivering a project to audio mixing and design. 
    I exported AAF's, one Copy All Media and one Link to media (we shipped the mxf files to their office).

The issue is that 90 (more or less) % of the subclips wont give out handles. The music and effect sounds has handles.

The project was moved from Final Cut to Avid in the middle of the edit, so we are guessing some of the issues came up here. The odd thing is that we shot some scenes after this transition and the same issue happens for these subclips (they did not go through the final cut to avid transition)

So i'm curious to whats happened here, and what can be done to fix this.

(i'm also a bit new to the project, i did not make the transition to avid, nor did i make the subclips) 

The Project is running 6.5.3 on a iMac os x 10.8.5

• Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:28 AM In reply to

Re: AAF handle issue

I don't understand how an AFF linked to media that has already supplied can't have handles? The media should all be there unless the copied media was consolidated without handles.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Jun 10 2014 11:35 AM In reply to

Re: AAF handle issue

Yeah, thats what i'm thinking aswell. 

I can't recall that we did a consolidate, maybe it was done before i came. 

Is there a possibility that there has been a consolidate and the files are linking only to the consolidated? 
    I can see that some of the subclips has a .new og .sync behind them. i'm guessing they didnt give the editor subclips with .new and .sync behind them. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller