Latest post Fri, Jun 6 2014 8:52 AM by S.Clements. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 6 2014 8:09 AM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,775

Remap "Show Entire Sequence" Keyboard Shortcut?

Hi,

The default keyboard shortcut for "show entire sequence" is command + / on mac.  However, I don't like this shortcut, because the / key is also used for shifting frames and even using it with the command button makes me nervous.  I would love to change this behaviour to shift + z, not only because it's available, but because it's what I'm used to in other NLEs.  I can't find this behaviour in the command palette or any menus.  Does anyone know how to change this?

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 6 2014 8:40 AM In reply to

Re: Remap "Show Entire Sequence" Keyboard Shortcut?

Hi Scott,

That's not hard at all.

Open your Keyboard settings. Open the Command Palette (CMD-3 or CTRL-3). At the bottom of the Command Palette, choose "Menu to button reassignment".

Then go to the keyboard settings, hold shift on your actual keyboard and click the Z-button on the keyboard setting's display. Note that the cursor turns into a menu icon. Now click the hamburger menu to the lower left of your timeline window, and choose "Show Entire Sequence".

You will see that 'SE' is now mapped to Shift-Z.

You can map most any menu function to a key or button this way - with some stupid exceptions.

Media Composer Symphony | PT Ultimate | Win10 HPZ | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 6 2014 8:52 AM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,775

Re: Remap "Show Entire Sequence" Keyboard Shortcut?

Thanks, Job!

I didn't know you could do menu to button reassignments from the hamburger menus!  I thought you could only do it from the top menus.  I almost never use the timeline hamburger menu.  Great!

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller