Latest post Thu, Jun 9 2016 5:10 PM by EAFutter. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 6 2014 7:00 PM

• DSLRMAN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Apr 19 2011
    • USA
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,795

Transcoded Sequence will NOT Export, how can I Export?

Hi All,

I transoded a sequence by using Transcode/Consolidate then tried to Export the new Transcoded sequence as a QuickTime Reference Movie but an Error appeared. It says I cannot Export AMA Linked files.

I see all the transcoded files in the bin along with the new transcoded sequence.

My sequence is an hour long, could it be possible that some files are NOT transcoded during transcoding?

If so, how can I find them?

This is really frustrating...

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

z

Hardware: Mac Pro 8 Core, 24GB RAM, 4TB HD, Dual 24" Monitors - iMac 24" 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Software: Avid Media Composer 7 - Final Cut... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 6 2014 7:12 PM In reply to

Re: Transcoded Sequence will NOT Export, how can I Export?

If the sequence isn't in a bin by itself with no other clips/titles/etc, put it in one.

From the bin fast menu choose Set Bin Display and in the Bin Display dialog, check Show Reference Clips.

You should now have a bin filled with all the clips that make up your sequence.

From the bin fast menu choose Choose Columns.

Choose the Video column.

Now you should see the video resolution of all the clips in the bin, which will let you see if there's one (or several) that wasn't transcoded.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, May 6 2014 7:15 PM In reply to

Did you mixdown/transcoded only the video?

Is your sequence still referencing the AMA audio?

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 6 2014 7:31 PM In reply to

• DSLRMAN
    • Not Ranked
    • USA
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,795

Ok let my try

Thanks

Hardware: Mac Pro 8 Core, 24GB RAM, 4TB HD, Dual 24" Monitors - iMac 24" 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Software: Avid Media Composer 7 - Final Cut... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 6 2014 7:36 PM In reply to

• DSLRMAN
    • Not Ranked
    • USA
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,795

How can I find out if the sequence is still referencing the AMA audio?

When I transcoded the whole 1 hour sequence, the bin populated with all the new clips along with the new transcoded sequence. 

It's hard to locate which clips have not transcoded...

• Tue, May 6 2014 10:06 PM In reply to

• DSLRMAN
    • Not Ranked
    • USA
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,795

Hi Camoscato,

I did exactly as you instructed. Under the "Video" Column, all video clips are DNxHD 115 (HD1080p).

The audio clips have show nothing.

There are 2 msgs popping up when trying to export.

1. Exception: QuickTime reference exports cannot be performed on clips linked via AMA or on sequences containing media linked via AMA.

2. An eror was encountered while performing Send To export using Export Setting 1 ('QuickTime reference"). See the Console for more information.

I have transcoded and exported before, this is not the first time. 

What am I doing wrong?

• Tue, May 6 2014 10:28 PM In reply to

• MagnusMeerkat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 29 2005
    • Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
    • Posts 189
    • Points 2,235

You could just create a video and audio mixdown, autosync them together. that will export without issue. I know it's not fixing the problem but you may be there forever trying to find the clip that's causing the troubles.

Symphony 2018.5, Mac Pro 2010 3.33ghz 6core, 32gb, OS X 10.11.6, DNxIO --- MC 9.3 Mac Pro 2009 2.6GHz 6 Core, 32GB, OS X 10.11.6, Nitris DX ---- MC 9.5... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 6 2014 10:51 PM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 600
    • Points 7,580

I also think that you may still have AMA audio clips in your timeline, as I have had similar issues when I have transcoded AMA material on a timeline. In fact, this was a known bug which was (supposedly) fixed in version 5.5.2. If you look at the readme for this version, one of the bug fixes states...

'Audio only AMA segments might not have been transcoded properly.'

I found this happened if there were AMA audio clips where there wasn't any associated video on the timeline, or where you had split edits and the audio was longer than its corresponding video.

This is what I suggest you try.

1) Create two new sequences of your material (by sub-clipping the entire length of the sequence), one with video only and the other with audio only.

2) Try exporting each one in turn. If I'm right, the video will export fine but the audio will give you the AMA error.

At this point you have two options. the first is to mixdown your audio and replace all your audio tracks (on your original timeline) with the mixdown. You should find you can export without problems. The second option is to track down the offending clips. This can be done by going to all the bins that contain the AMA material originally used in your sequence and giving all the clips a clip colour. Now go to your offending sequence, enable the option on the timeline to see source clip colours (if not enabled already) and you should be able to see any clips that are AMA material. Once identified you will have the time-consuming task of replacing all these clips.

As I said, this bug was fixed a while back, but maybe it's resurfaced again in your version.

Bruno

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 6 2014 11:33 PM In reply to

• DSLRMAN
    • Not Ranked
    • USA
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,795

How do I create a video and audio mixdown and autosync them together?

Will I need the Transcoded files to do this?

• Tue, May 6 2014 11:36 PM In reply to

• DSLRMAN
    • Not Ranked
    • USA
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,795

Bruno,

It still won't let me export. Same errors...

• Wed, May 7 2014 2:58 AM In reply to

DSLRMAN:

How do I create a video and audio mixdown and autosync them together?

Will I need the Transcoded files to do this?

I typically just lay the Video Mixdown in on a higher track (the Audio should get auto-added to the Seq). Then I Mark In/Out and activate only the VM and AM tracks and make a Subclip (techincally a "SubSequence") 

The result is a Seq containing only the VM and AM, now export that.

Also, if you had your Media Creation settings set to render everything Same As Source and you had some AMA/LongGOP media in the Seq, you may have rendered media that is in LongGOP or that Avid thinks is AMA. That might be causing it to not export. Either way, do the Mixdowns and the problem will be solved.

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Wed, May 7 2014 5:18 AM In reply to

• DSLRMAN
    • Not Ranked
    • USA
    • Posts 125
    • Points 1,795

I thank you all for help and support!

Here is what I did (with everyone's help) incase anyone else gets stuck.

I did the audio mixdown and video mixdown, (This created a video sub-clip and a stereo audio).

Deleted all the other audio and video tracks in the sequence.

Brought in Video Sub-clip and the stereo clip on the sequence timeline.

Exported as a QuickTime Reference Movie.

It Exported successfully!

Thanks again all,

Z

• Wed, May 7 2014 11:34 AM In reply to

• John Pale
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 19 2011
    • NYC
    • Posts 155
    • Points 2,075

Were there any group clips in this sequence?

Mac Pro 5,1 (2009-firmware upgrade to 2010). Self upgraded to 12 core (2 x Hex Core Westmere 2.93Ghz) 32 GB Ram Mac OSX 10.11.3 Avid MC 8.5 NVIDIA... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 7 2014 1:40 PM In reply to

• MagnusMeerkat
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 29 2005
    • Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
    • Posts 189
    • Points 2,235

Glad you got it working, next time you can use autosync (it's in clip menu I think), to pull the audio and video clips together and create a new clip with both. Select sync using in point, click ok to the message about using frame 1 as in. Then you can just export the clip without needing to recreate on the timeline.

Symphony 2018.5, Mac Pro 2010 3.33ghz 6core, 32gb, OS X 10.11.6, DNxIO --- MC 9.3 Mac Pro 2009 2.6GHz 6 Core, 32GB, OS X 10.11.6, Nitris DX ---- MC 9.5... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, May 7 2014 2:29 PM In reply to

DSLRMAN:

I thank you all for help and support!

Here is what I did (with everyone's help) incase anyone else gets stuck.

I did the audio mixdown and video mixdown, (This created a video sub-clip and a stereo audio).

Deleted all the other audio and video tracks in the sequence.

Brought in Video Sub-clip and the stereo clip on the sequence timeline.

Exported as a QuickTime Reference Movie.

It Exported successfully!

Thanks again all,

Z

I hope you duped your sequence before overwriting the Mixdowns into it..

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller