Latest post Wed, Apr 30 2014 11:57 AM by ramccann. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 30 2014 10:38 AM

• ramccann
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 31 2012
    • Posts 11
    • Points 125

nesting of timewarp and reverse motion effects

Hi,

I'm using MC6.5 on a Mac.

I have a clip that I want to significantly speed up and then reverse.

I created a subclip then added a motion effect to speed it up then placed it on the timeline.

How do I then reverse the speeded up clip? Is it possible to nest a reverse motion effect to a motion effect?

Note: I am having an issue with nesting in that when a doucle-click on any clip in my sequence (not just one already containing an effect) it does not split to reveal a layer to add another effect to.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Best

Rob

• Wed, Apr 30 2014 10:56 AM In reply to

Re: nesting of timewarp and reverse motion effects

1) to reverse a clip, to into the motion effect and just drag the speed below the 0 indicator.  There is not a "reverse" button ala FCP or Premiere.  

2) to be able to double-click and reveal the nest, go to settings > Timeline and checkbox "Double-click to show nesting"

Home: 2012 rMBP 2.6ghz, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.10.5, MC 8.4.1 || Work: HP Z400, Win7 Professional, MC 6.5, ISIS/Interplay @danielfrome on twitter [view my complete system specs]

Avid GoPro

• Wed, Apr 30 2014 11:57 AM In reply to

• ramccann
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 31 2012
    • Posts 11
    • Points 125

Re: nesting of timewarp and reverse motion effects

Hi tfg,

Thanks for the reply.  I worked it out in the end.

The check box was already selected so I wasn't able to nest 2 motion effects but I didn't have to.

I had to move the position marker to start at the end of the clip and finish at the start!

Best

Rob

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller