Latest post Thu, Oct 2 2014 4:25 PM by shcuts. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 29 2014 9:17 PM

• Napapant
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 23 2014
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Error: Unsupported Resolution

Hello,

I've read a bunch of forum posts about this problem but none of them have been particularly helpful. I'm receiving an "Error: Unsupported resolution" message whenever I have an audio clip in the timeline without any video. I know that the source of the problem is that Avid's internal graphics (black frame) aren't being recognized, but I don't know how to fix it.

I've tried deleting the two avid media files (mmob and fmid) which didn't work. I'm working with 1850|50 HD (if I've misremembered that number- it's the bottom option for XDCAM footage), though I've tried other settings with the same result. I can play the timeline if the video is disabled, but that's not very helpful.

Thanks!

• Tue, Apr 29 2014 9:52 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,674
    • Points 224,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Error: Unsupported Resolution

Media Composer, Symphony, and NewsCutter use certain resolutions for creating black filler.

The resolutions used depends on the project format and raster.

Disabling these resolutions or corruption can cause "Unsupported Resolution" errors during export or other operations that would create black filler.

Attached below is a chart that shows what resolutions are used as filler for each project type. Make sure you do not disabled these resolutions if you use those formats.

For use of disabledres.txt see Using disabledres.txt to restrict resolution availability in the Avid editor

Attachment:  filler resoltuion.pdf
    Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Apr 29 2014 10:19 PM In reply to

• Napapant
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I've seen that post in the avid help topics. I have not disabled or changed any settings in my system, so I'm still stuck. I'm trying to figure out how to get avid to read its own graphics- my confusion spawns from the fact that I had nothing to do with this error message being generated.

• Tue, Apr 29 2014 10:31 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,674
    • Points 224,020
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Something obviously got corrupt which was one of the suggestions before.  

What OS are you on?

CPU?

Are you able to deactivate the license and uninstall MC then reinstall and reactivate?

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Apr 29 2014 10:51 PM In reply to

• Napapant
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Dell XPS laptop running Windows 7. CPU is 64-bit. As for the downloading and re-installing, it's not impossible but I'd prefer to exhaust any and all other options before going through that as doing that will take an entire night.

Oh, and MC7 is the software in question, in case that wasn't clear beforehand.

Thanks for your help.

• Wed, Apr 30 2014 2:56 PM In reply to

• MondoNo5
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 10 2007
    • Posts 62
    • Points 795

I've had this problem a few times in 7.0.2, but with Matte Clips and Precomputes.  I find that opening the Media Tool, selecting all drives, Master Clips and Precomputes, and Current Project seems to fix the issue.  Once the tool brings up the clips, I close the Media Tool window and my "Unsupported Resolution" clips have re-appeared in my sequence.

Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z170; Intel Core i7 6700; 16GB DDR4 2100; XFX Radeon R390 8GB; Win 10 Education; Avid MC 8.WhateverIsLatest (perpetual); Adobe CS [view my complete system specs]

-Jonathan

Technical Director / Instructor
    Department of Communication
    University of Toledo

Freelance Videographer / Producer / Director

• Wed, Apr 30 2014 5:14 PM In reply to

• Napapant
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 5
    • Points 65

Hello,

That was a good idea, but nothing changed. I think the difference is that the "unsupported resolution" clips do appear in the sequence (they're just audio, nothing else is actually supposed to show up) but Avid refuses to play them since it can't generate its own black screen.

For now I've resigned myself to making two video channels, having a black PNG in the first and overlaying BROLL as I fill the sequence in (and then deleting the black graphics when I finish). It's a few extra steps but at least I can get the job done until I figure this out.

• Thu, Oct 2 2014 4:25 PM In reply to

• shcuts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 12 2012
    • Posts 18
    • Points 180

Thanks for the post! This worked for me!!!! It was the precomputes! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller