Latest post Thu, May 1 2014 6:59 PM by camoscato. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 28 2014 7:26 PM

• Laurab01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 28 2014
    • Posts 6
    • Points 100

Xpress pro 5.2 on windows 7

Has anyone gotten depress pro 5.2 to run on Windows 7? I have a GeForce FX 1400 as recommended and get a black screen on the composer unless I hit pause- then I can see my video. Using intel graphics I can see the video but it is buggy. Very desperate to get this project finished so I can upgrade to the new version after this one is done.

Filed under:
  • Mon, Apr 28 2014 7:34 PM In reply to

Re: Xpress pro 5.2 on windows 7

Laurab01:
    Very desperate to get this project finished so I can upgrade to the new version after this one is done.

What were you editing on before?  If it was XPress Pro, what changed since it last worked?

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Mon, Apr 28 2014 8:02 PM In reply to

• Laurab01
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 100

Motherboard crashed, new mboard, processor and video card.

• Tue, Apr 29 2014 12:44 AM In reply to

XpressPro was EOL'd long before Win7 came out, thus not supported.

More info in this thread: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/56400/315154.aspx

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Tue, Apr 29 2014 12:20 PM In reply to

Laurab01:
    Motherboard crashed, new mboard, processor and video card.

Xpress Pro was really picky about video card drivers and Quicktime versions, and the symptoms you describe sound like that kind of problem to me.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/en246927

If you're not running QT 6.5.2, I'd start with that, and if that doesn't get it I'd start trying different video card drivers.

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Thu, May 1 2014 2:11 PM In reply to

• Laurab01
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 100

Since this version of Quicktime (7.6) works with the intel graphics, Do you think it would make a difference with the nvidia graphics drivers? With the intel graphics, I get various heap errors and intermittent lockups, crashes.

• Thu, May 1 2014 6:59 PM In reply to

Laurab01:
    Since this version of Quicktime (7.6) works with the intel graphics, Do you think it would make a difference with the nvidia graphics drivers?

It's not whether QT works with your graphics card, it's whether it works with XPress Pro.  I'd try running QT 6.5.2 first, and mess with graphics card drivers second.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller