Latest post Fri, Mar 7 2014 12:53 AM by Jeremy Deneau. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 6 2014 2:30 AM

copying proj and mediafiles

I have a project on a drive that is starting to fail. The drive I need to copy has a mediafiles-MXF-1 already. I am new to MC and have not had to do a transfer of this kind before.

Thanks in advance for the help.

iMac Mid 2013 27", Mac OS X 10.9.5, Avid Media Composer 8.3.1, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 6 2014 5:53 AM In reply to

• PegasusNZ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 10 2006
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 330
    • Points 3,935

Re: copying proj and mediafiles

Copy your Media to a new drive Avid Mediafiles/MXF/1 or replace 1 with any number if there is already media on that drive

If your project is on that drive also then copy that off to the new drive

in your new Avid MediaFiles/MXF/# delete the 2 database files

When you start Avid the database will be rebuilt and Avid will find the media on the new drive

HTH

8 x Z800 24GB RAM MC 7 Black Magic Decklink Studio 240TB Linux Server [view my complete system specs]

^^ A good edit takes time but who has the time? When I look back I see my mistakes!

• Thu, Mar 6 2014 9:38 AM In reply to

If you copy the entire contents of a numbered MXF folder and don't change any of the contents inside that folder the database files (that start with MSM) should work fine without being deleted and rebuilt.

If you don;t see the expected media then delete those MSM files and let MC re-build them.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hosted Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
  • Fri, Mar 7 2014 12:53 AM In reply to

Thanks. Copied the "1" folder, renamed it "2" and worked fine.

Thank you both for the help.

iMac Mid 2013 27", Mac OS X 10.9.5, Avid Media Composer 8.3.1, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller