Latest post Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:48 AM by Alexey. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 6 2014 12:04 AM

• Alexey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 5 2014
    • Russia
    • Posts 12
    • Points 100

Can't open bin with AMA

Hello, I have a problem with bins contains AMA.

I have AVID MC7.0.3 running on my

MacBook Pro Retina late 2013

2,6 i7

16Gb RAM

OS X Mavericks 10.9.2

Look at my workflow. Maybe I make mistake?

I have a project with Canon 5D MkIII video and Zoom audio.

Project settings are 1080i/50 and it is on my external USB3 NTFS HDD (I use Paragon to be able to use NTFS HDD)

We have several scenes with multicam

1) I link to AMA volume

2) Transcode all video to XDCAM 1080i/50 (My broadcast company ask me to make Master to MXF OP1 1080i)

3) Relink AMA clips to the transcoded media

4) Group takes by "Bin - Group Clips"

5) Make bin Master and begin editing.

And now I have some problems.

1) When I relink my clips in one bin, other clips in other bins automaticaly relink to original AMA files

2) When part of my master ready, I close project to have a rest. And when I open it later I can't open bin with master (Unable to open file 'Master'    Exception: DOMAIN_COPYOUT_FAILED    Exception: OUT OF MEMORY

I noticed that my problem is when bin's weight is more than 500K or bin has more than 15-20 clips.

I always have to go to Attic to take latest version of my master bin. And that's why I can't give my project to my other collegues.

Please, help! I don't know what to do with my bins and I always have to relink my clips to transcoded media again and again. 

MacBook Pro late 2013 2,6GHz Intel Core i7 16Gb 1600 MHz DDR3 OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 AVID Media Composer 8.5.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 6 2014 1:17 AM In reply to

• smrpix
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 5 2012
    • Posts 1,381
    • Points 17,035

Re: Can't open bin with AMA

Step 3) shouldn't happen until after step 5), if at all.  Once you have transcoded yor files put those AMA bins away and don't look at them again.  Work with the transcoded media, that's the whole idea.

You're probably better off transcoding to DNxHD 120 for multicam editing purposes.  If you need to deliver XDCAM, either use your DNxHD sequence to create that, or duplicate your sequence, relink to your AMA files , and export your XDCAM version from that duplicated. relinked sequence.

• Thu, Mar 6 2014 2:17 AM In reply to

• Alexey
    • Not Ranked
    • Russia
    • Posts 12
    • Points 100

Thanks for the idea! I've swith off "Automatically AMA-link to volumes" in the settings and now my clips don't reling to original media.

But what about errors with opening bin? Do you think it can be because of using XDCAM? Now I remember that my troubles began when I start using XDCAM instead of DNxHD. I thought it'll be better to use compression type same as my final master.

My next project I'm transcoding to DNxHD. Hope, it is solution of my problem.

PS. Sorry for my English. It's not very good (

MacBook Pro late 2013 2,6GHz Intel Core i7 16Gb 1600 MHz DDR3 OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 AVID Media Composer 8.5.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:48 AM In reply to

• Alexey
    • Not Ranked
    • Russia
    • Posts 12
    • Points 100

Tried to use DNxHD - same problem. Still can't open bins with master sequence, which containes 13 min multicam video. Still have this error:

err

I can open it from Attic, but when I close my project and open it next time I have this problem again. I have many bins with my source materials and they work fine. Only bin with my master sequence and bin with my backup of master sequence have such problems.

What is it? I can't work! I've already made a shortcut for my Attic folder!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller