Latest post Fri, Apr 4 2014 6:07 AM by farmgurl. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 2 2014 5:26 PM

• farmgurl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago
    • Posts 42
    • Points 460

trying to figure out how to override BlackMagic for Digital Cut

hi:

I recently upgraded to MC 7 and have not done much on it. I need to output to tape (DSR-20 DVCAM deck that does not have component, unfortunately) so that I can take the project to my laptop which has MC 3 on it. The video and audio are mixed down so it should be straightforward.  I know I had to roll something off to tape when I had MC 6 and was able to find a place to select firewire but I am not finding it in this version.  The closest I could get is going under "Special/Device" and checking "IEEE 1394" but all that does in the Digital Cut window is momentarily flask to the Firewire option and return to DeckLink HD Extreme.  I know that I could not open a MC 7 file with MC 6 so can't imagine I could open it with MC 3.  I need the timeline to do a commentary track with audio punch in and the laptop seemed like the simplest and most portable choice (would also be recording to another device but wanted the timeline recording to sink it).

This is an SD project so I really need tape as I am not setup for other media export. Suggestions? I may be missing something obvious as I am on deadline of course.

Thanks in advance!

Sara

MC 7.0.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4GHz 6 Core 2 intel Xeon, 12GB, ATI Radeon HD 5770, 10.7.5 OS [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 3 2014 10:26 PM In reply to

• PegasusNZ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 10 2006
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 330
    • Points 3,935

Re: trying to figure out how to override BlackMagic for Digital Cut

you need to disable the hardware in the timeline window centre top click on the hardware config icon looks like a cog

then digital cut using thru firewire device

8 x Z800 24GB RAM MC 7 Black Magic Decklink Studio 240TB Linux Server [view my complete system specs]

^^ A good edit takes time but who has the time? When I look back I see my mistakes!

• Fri, Apr 4 2014 6:07 AM In reply to

• farmgurl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Chicago
    • Posts 42
    • Points 460

Re: trying to figure out how to override BlackMagic for Digital Cut

thanks- I was out of town several weeks and just got around to checking this out. I found the cog and will attempt tape rolloff soon.

best,

Sara

MC 7.0.2, Mac Pro 2 x 2.4GHz 6 Core 2 intel Xeon, 12GB, ATI Radeon HD 5770, 10.7.5 OS [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller