Latest post Thu, May 29 2014 7:37 PM by Adam Cravens. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:38 PM

• modrew
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 26 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

AAF Import Failing

Hi,

Having an extremely frustrating experience with an AAF import that I cannot find any reference to on the web, so hopefully someone here will have some insight...

I am on a Avid MC with Symphony Option 7.0.3

When I attempt to import the AAF, sequence imports, the timeline is there, the audio imports, the titles import, but no video does.  

Looking at the console I can see the error:  Error importing media for '00059.new.01'. Error: 'AAFDomain: Failed to AAF header object'  (the media name changes for each clip, that is the error that happens for each.)  

So my question is, what is causing the "Failed to AAF header object" error, and has anybody else had to deal with this. 

I have imported numerous AAFs before without incident, so this new to me. My assumption is that there is a something wrong with how the AAF has been exported from the offline suite, but it could be me???  I just don't know...

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated.  I'm completely stumped!  

Thanks!

A.J.

Avid MC with Symphony Option 7.0.3

OSX 10.9.1, 2.93 Quad, 16GB

Filed under: , , ,
  • Thu, May 1 2014 12:37 AM In reply to

• Muzaly
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 1 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Re: AAF Import Failing

I'm having the same issue. Only happens when aaf was exported (From Protools) with files embedded.

Haven't found a solution either

Avid MC 7.0.3 - OSX 10.9.2

• Mon, May 12 2014 6:07 PM In reply to

• Adam Cravens
    • Not Ranked
    • Burbank, CA, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 175

I'm having a similar issue.  In my case I am trying to import an AAF of audio only from other editors.  One of them is on 7.02 and the other is on some patch of 6.  The AAFs they generate will create an Assertion Failed error on my end and only about 80% of the media will be online.  I figured the problem was on their end, but I walked them through every step of how it should be exported as an embedded file and it was spot on.  The same AAFs that had trouble importing on my 7.0.3 system imported perfectly on a 6.0.5 system so I know the problem is on my end and not theirs.  I'm hoping that this issue may get fixed in the impending 7.0.4 update, but who knows. 

3.5 GHz Core i7 Imac, Late 2013 / 32 GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB / OS X 10.11.6 / MC 8.9.4 / AJA IOXT [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 29 2014 7:37 PM In reply to

• Adam Cravens
    • Not Ranked
    • Burbank, CA, USA
    • Posts 14
    • Points 175

For what it's worth, I upgraded to OSX 10.9.2 on one of my Imac systems and upgraded to MC 7.0.4 and my issues with AAF imports as described previously seemed to have disappeared.

3.5 GHz Core i7 Imac, Late 2013 / 32 GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB / OS X 10.11.6 / MC 8.9.4 / AJA IOXT [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller