Latest post Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:44 AM by spanska. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 5 2014 8:47 AM

• spanska
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 5 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

AAF media offline unable to relink

Hi,

I've searched all over the web, but I haven't found a solution to my problem. Sorry if this issue has being already resolved. As other users, I've got an AAF project with media offline. Besides this, I also have all the material from the camera (a Sony F65). I downloaded the AMA plugins, so I'm able to link and transcode the original material, but then I'm not able to link an offline clip with the transcoded clip, no matter how many ways I try to do it through the Re-link menu. The offline clip and the transcoded clip have the same name, and same timecode. I also tried typing the same tape name for both clips, but without any success. I delete the pmr and mdb files, but nothing happens. There should be a way to convert the offline material into online, right?

I have an Avid Media Composer 7 and a Mac OS X Version 10.7.5, processor 2x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

I would appreciate any tips or advices. Many thanks!

Filed under: , ,
  • Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:44 AM In reply to

• spanska
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 5 2014
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Re: AAF media offline unable to relink

Fortunately, today I was able to link the offline AAF sequence. I could link the offline sequence with the AMA clips with the following settings form the re-link menu:

Selected items in ALL open bins

Allow relinking to offline items

Relink by:

Timecode: Start

Source name: Name

Match case when comparing source names

Tracks to relink: video, audio, data

Hope this helps some other editor!!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller