Latest post Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:34 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 3 2014 5:41 PM

• thomasz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 3 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

media compioser 7 problems quality import

HI,

I'm new on media composer 7 and have a few problems to import or AMA link my videos.

Indeed I can import them, but their resolution in media composer is bad. It's like if a grey filter was put upon them on the software. The colors are less intense.

I try to change my bin stting, or to change my profil options... nothing changes. The quality is a bit better in AMA link though but still isn't like my videos outside of the software.I also try to go in the options when I do my import but I'm lost.

My originals files orin 1920*1080. In apple Prores 422. HD 1-1-1 and  in .mov.

Could someone help me with directions please ?

Best.

Thomasz

Filed under: , , ,
  • Tue, Feb 4 2014 11:34 AM In reply to

Re: media compioser 7 problems quality import

When you import try changing the import settings to computer RGB rather than 601/709 levels.

But you need to check the imported files then have thje correct levels.

MC is designed to work with 601/709 levels and that means the digital value of black at 8bits is 16 not 0 as it is in RGB levels.

So your source record monitor will look washed out. Normally you'd have a 3rd output monitor on HD-SDI or HDMI and that would be calibrated for a 601/709 signal and would show the signals correctly.

So it may just be you are judging using the source record viewers and they aren't represntative.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  Avid Certified Instructor VET

QC/QAR Training - Understanding Digital Media - Advanced Files * Compression - Avid Ingest - PSE fixing courses and more

All bespoke and delivered onsite at yours. Or delivered via hostred Zoom session.

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet-training.co.uk | W www.vet-training.co.uk |

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller