Latest post Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:35 PM by TV90. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 9 2014 10:16 PM

• TV90
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 25 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Problems with XDCAM-EX AMA-Relink

Hi, 

I have sequences with transcoded EX-Files. This transcoded Files are offline and I want to relink this with the original EX-Files. In MC 5 I have no problems. Now in MC 7 it doesn´t work. I tried all options. Maybe I make a failure?

I import the original EX-Files with AMA-Link. This files are all online. I copied the offline Sequenz in the folder with the original EX-Files. I tried to relink about Clips-Relink - Media on drive ... .and also Selected items in All open bins. With both options it doesn´t run under MC 7. In MC 5 I had not this problems. 

Please help me. I have some projects to relink. Thanks for answers and solutions. 

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 6:30 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Re: Problems with XDCAM-EX AMA-Relink

TV90:

I import the original EX-Files with AMA-Link. This files are all online. I copied the offline Sequenz in the folder with the original EX-Files. I tried to relink about Clips-Relink - Media on drive ... .and also Selected items in All open bins.

Do a try with selecting it all in the bin and relink to " selected" to see if that works.

Also, linking only to media in current project should be unticked

If you are unsure I´ll post a screengrab of the settings

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:24 PM In reply to

• TV90
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

I´ve tried it, but it doesn´t work. You can send mt a screengrab of the settings, maybe I did something wrong. 

mjolnarn:

TV90:

I import the original EX-Files with AMA-Link. This files are all online. I copied the offline Sequenz in the folder with the original EX-Files. I tried to relink about Clips-Relink - Media on drive ... .and also Selected items in All open bins.

Do a try with selecting it all in the bin and relink to " selected" to see if that works.

Also, linking only to media in current project should be unticked

If you are unsure I´ll post a screengrab of the settings

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 9:48 PM In reply to

When you brought the AMA clips back online, were your original AMA clips also brought online?

That is, assuming you had bins with offline AMA clips, and then opened a new bin and Linked to AMA again, ppopulating that new bin with identical clips?  And both bins have media that are online?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:03 PM In reply to

• TV90
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

All clips, that I did before not transcoded or consulidated are online. Only the old transcoded clips names "new" are offline. Thats my problem!. 

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:04 PM In reply to

• TV90
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Kevin Klimek:

When you brought the AMA clips back online, were your original AMA clips also brought online?

That is, assuming you had bins with offline AMA clips, and then opened a new bin and Linked to AMA again, ppopulating that new bin with identical clips?  And both bins have media that are online?

All clips, that I did before not transcoded or consulidated are online. Only the old transcoded clips names "new" are offline. Thats my problem!. 

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:08 PM In reply to

Do they still exist in one of your media folders?  Have you altered the "Avid MediaFiles" folder to prevent Avid from seeing those files?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:16 PM In reply to

• TV90
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Kevin Klimek:

Do they still exist in one of your media folders?  Have you altered the "Avid MediaFiles" folder to prevent Avid from seeing those files?

I have only the old sequence

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:23 PM In reply to

I'm sorry, but I'm confused.

Your AMA material is online...great.

Your transcoded material is offline.  Is that because it's missing or was deleted?  Or is it just not being seen by the system?

Or are you trying to relink your sequence (with transcoded clips) to your AMA material once again?

-- Kevin

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 11:35 PM In reply to

• TV90
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Kevin Klimek:

I'm sorry, but I'm confused.

Your AMA material is online...great.

Your transcoded material is offline.  Is that because it's missing or was deleted?  Or is it just not being seen by the system?

Or are you trying to relink your sequence (with transcoded clips) to your AMA material once again?

I pushed the sequenze in the folder with the AMA material and I tried to relink. The sequence has original clips (AMA-linked)

and some transcodes clips. The original are online after relinking, the "new" files (transcoded) offline. 

I did the first relinking before with avid media composer 5.0. It was running and the "new" Clips were online. But some AMA-Clips were missing before. Meanwhile I got all original Clips from my customer and now I wanted to relinke the rest offline transcoced Clips with MC 7.0. But it doesn´t work. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller