Latest post Wed, Jan 8 2014 11:05 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:37 AM

• Erminia
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 11 2012
    • Posts 5
    • Points 90

Subcaps pixeleted (grany) when exporting

Hallo everybody and happy new year!

I am in the final stage of post-production and have been exporting my 60+min documentary in different formats and here is the drama:

If I export in Quicktime or DNxHD 1080i/50, upper field first the subcaps are beautifully sharp but then fine lines appear all over the video. If i export single field, the video image is fine (no lines!) but the the subcaps are pixeleted, grany!

what's going on?I need to export to make a DVD and have tried everything i could think, please please HELP!!!

thanks in advance,

Erminia

Filed under: ,
  • Wed, Jan 8 2014 11:05 AM In reply to

Re: Subcaps pixeleted (grany) when exporting

Are the fine lines interlacing artefacts (do they show on moving parts of the picture only)?

If so then that should work fine for the DVD encode as DVD's support interlaced (but you will see the interlacing artefacts in QT player unless you tell QT player to de-interlace)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller