Latest post Fri, Jan 3 2014 5:04 PM by mjolnarn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 3 2014 12:10 PM

• Kodein
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 3 2014
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Exporting .aaf sequence where original clips have several audio tracks

Hi there!

I work with promos where I need to create the same video for several regions, i.e. several languages.

My original material looks like this:

Video track

Audio tracks 1 & 2 = English

Audio tracks 3 & 4 = Spanish 

Audio tracks 5 & 6 = Russian

In my timeline, I only put in Audio tracks 1 & 2. If at a later point, a different region wants to use the promo with their language's dubbing, they can import the .aaf and and select matchframe where the given soundbite is located, and find the other audio tracks in the original clip.

This, however, does not work with my export settings. I've tried to compare with other editor's settings but to no avail. The screenshot below has my .aaf export settings which are identical to the settings of editors who do manage to export .aaf containing the full information of the original clip. 

I hope you might know what to do or what to try in order to make this work.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Jonathan

Filed under: , , , ,
  • Fri, Jan 3 2014 4:20 PM In reply to

Re: Exporting .aaf sequence where original clips have several audio tracks

The issue to mee seems to be that you are consolidating a sequence that does not carry these tracks. This will copy ONLY the media that is actually USED in the sequence. It will also break the link to the origina multitrack clip, but rather link to the newly generated consolidated clips (carrying only the tracks you used).

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jan 3 2014 4:57 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

Kodein:

Hi there!

I work with promos where I need to create the same video for several regions, i.e. several languages.

My original material looks like this:

Video track

Audio tracks 1 & 2 = English

Audio tracks 2 & 4 = Spanish 

Audio tracks 3 & 4 = Russian

Wouldn´t this be a situation where volume export would be a better choice than aaf

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Fri, Jan 3 2014 4:59 PM In reply to

volume export flatterens the tracks into single MXF files and you'd still need to have included the required tracks.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Fri, Jan 3 2014 5:04 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,345

Ok, just a feeling

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller