Latest post Mon, Mar 16 2015 11:14 AM by MikeyB. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 20 2013 6:04 PM

• apmende
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 30
    • Points 500

Toggle from Bin Window to Source Monitor

Is there a shortcut key or key that I can map that will let me toggle between the bin window and the source monitor?  I hate that I have to physically use the mouse to get back to the bin from the source monitor.

Thank you Avid Gods in advance.

• Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:01 PM In reply to

• Darren
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 25 2013
    • Toronto
    • Posts 16
    • Points 240

Re: Toggle from Bin Window to Source Monitor

I'm not sure if you can go to a certain bin easily, but (CTRL)command + 4 will bring you to your composer window, esc will toggle through source and record monitors. 

Quick edit, just remembered (CTRL)command + ~  (The botton beside 1) will toggle through bins, and timeline, and such.  That's probably what you're looking for.  Not as quick though.

Assistant Editor

• Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:27 PM In reply to

You can use command-~ (or I guess CTRL-~ on Windows) to switch to the most recent window. So activate the bin you want to switch back to, then press command-4 to bring up the source monitor, then press command-~ once to switch back to the bin. Repeat.

Now, if only there were a keyboard shortcut to edit the name of a selected clip in a bin, I could do totally mouse-less logging.

• Sun, Mar 15 2015 10:55 PM In reply to

• filmfriseur
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 8 2013
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 63
    • Points 560

command-~    is not working for me. Any suggestions? Can it be, that I use a german keyboard for mac?

amc 2018.4 - symphony . 3.46 dual 6core mac pro (early2009, upgraded to westmere 5.1, OSX 10.12.6). 64 gb . msi gtx 970 . 2x 27" monitor . 1x 24"... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Mar 16 2015 11:14 AM In reply to

• MikeyB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Edlesborough, UK
    • Posts 485
    • Points 6,030
    • Avid Certified Instructors - Video
      Moderator: Avid Certified Instructors - Video

Yes, Cmd/~ takes you from the Bin to the Source Monitor, but getting back is trickier. What about using Find Bin to take you back to the same bin the clip is in?  You could map it to a spare keyboard key.

MacBook Pro 15" 2016 2.7GHz i7 Radeon 455 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller