Latest post Sun, Dec 1 2013 5:28 PM by Stephiebby. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Nov 30 2013 11:27 PM

• Stephiebby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 30 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Avid account seems to have deleted after a hard drive failure. Please help!

My hard drive recently failed on my MacBook and I unfortunately had to install a new one, therefore I lost all of my information and data on my computer. Earlier this month, I purchased a student copy of Avid Media Composer and I was able to successfully download both MC and the associated programs with no problems. I used my email to create an account and registered the codes to. Though, when attempting to access this account yesterday in order to re-download my programs, I was unable to log into my account, I tried every password I could think of.

After that, I went to the 'forgot password' page in an attempt to get it sent to my email. After doing so, I kept getting the message that basically stated that the email wasn't linked to an avid account. I am positive that it is the right email address as I have multiple emails from avid after activating my codes on it. I then tried to see if when I enter my email in while attempting to create a new account to see if it was being used by an account already, as it should be. Though, it let me through and now I have another brand new account with the same email address that does not have any of my codes and also does not allow me to input the download code that I was shipped (it says it was already used) .

I would appreciate guidance on how I can get the downloads and codes either shifted onto my account, or if I can have help figuring out why my other account seemed to have disappeared. I have all the codes and emails that I have received previously if that is needed to prove that I did, indeed, purchase my software and I am just looking for a way to get it back on my new repaired computer.

I was able to download the trial version of Avid on this 'new account' onto my computer in order to get the program on my system and I was able to input the codes successfully to unlock the full program. Though, now the problem is that I don't have the ways to download the other software that I was given when I installed Avid the first time (Such as Squeeze). I still have all of the codes, but I don't have a way of having them linked to my account (as they still should be) and therefore I can't get the program to input the codes for them.
    I am extremly frusterated that I don't have these codes still on my account, and while I'd be fine to have ways of getting the programs and manually imputting codes, I do not want to have to do that kind of work around if my hard drive were to fail again. Therefore, I want to have my purchaced copy (that includes Media Composer and the associated bundled software) attached to my account as it should have been in the first place.
    I have been unable to contact Avid suppourt via phone and I was unable to find an email adress that deals with these sorts of problems. I'm not sure if I contacted the correct place for this type of issue though.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer.
    Thank you!

• Sun, Dec 1 2013 6:34 AM In reply to

Re: Avid account seems to have deleted after a hard drive failure. Please help!

Hi,

The first thing to do is contact Avid support in your area:

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Click video on the left side of the page, then select your area from the drop-down menu (it's option 2 from the phone menu).  Contacting support for activation/dongle issues is free.

If you don't get anywhere with support, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She's their customer advocate, and can help you.

ciao,

Carl 

Media Composer 2019.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Dec 1 2013 5:28 PM In reply to

• Stephiebby
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 30 2013
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: Avid account seems to have deleted after a hard drive failure. Please help!

Thank you very much. I will try this in the coming days.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller