Latest post Wed, Nov 13 2013 8:34 AM by Job ter Burg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 6 2013 7:16 AM

MC Digital Cut out by a field since new Mojo

Hi all,

Being generic to start with...

We have an edit suite running MC 5.5.3.2 on a HPZ400 with correct QT & Nvidia drivers.

We are having issues insert editing back into a master (digi beta over sdi) since recently replacing a Mojo SDI with a Mojo DX.

It seems to insert a field of black at the edit point now.

Could there be a possibility that the Mojo wants the deck to edit on a different field?

We have multiple edit suites using DX & Nitris running off a server that all digital cut correctly.

Thanks in advance,

Dene

Windows 7 pro MC Soft 8.2.3 HP Z400 8GB Ram mojo DX NVidia Quadro FX 3800 Editshare 5.1.14 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Wed, Nov 6 2013 11:31 AM In reply to

Re: MC Digital Cut out by a field since new Mojo

Any reason you can't move to the most reacent 5.5 Version (5.5.3.8)?

Are you sure the reference fed to the DX box is correct? Is this SD of HD?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Nov 7 2013 11:37 PM In reply to

Thanks Pat,

We reference the digi beta to the incoming video signal, we should probably have an spg but have had no issues for that last 7 years.

The Avid project is an SD timeline.

Will swap the Mojo with another to see if the problem continues.

Dene

Windows 7 pro MC Soft 8.2.3 HP Z400 8GB Ram mojo DX NVidia Quadro FX 3800 Editshare 5.1.14 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Nov 13 2013 2:17 AM In reply to

Mojo has been swapped but no joy.

Going back a few years, I seem to vaguely remember there was a setting in Avid Express telling the deck which field to edit on. I could be wrong but I can't find anything like that in MC.

• Wed, Nov 13 2013 8:34 AM In reply to

The deck may also have such a setting for the Cut-In field.

I don't think accurate digital cuts without a BBGen are actually a supported workflow, though. That would be the first thing I'd try.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller