Latest post Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:54 PM by NICKB. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 1 2013 9:16 AM

What Adobe's Been up to

Adobe has been making impressive inroads in the professional post market. Here is one example of this:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?107791-Adobe-adds-Dragon-and-Rocket-X-support&p=1278602#post1278602

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Fri, Nov 1 2013 12:06 PM In reply to

• switthaus
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Cobbs Creek, VA
    • Posts 2,259
    • Points 30,520

Re: What Adobe's Been up to

Have not used the CC version of Premiere.  Did a Red Epic 5k job on CS6 PP this past summer and found it lacking.  However, while at the Southeast Creative Summit this past weekend, several very experienced editors mentioned that the CC version is much better than CS6.

There was also some discussion on how the Arri Alexa was rapidly becoming the camera of choice for episodic broadcast and Red was starting to wane.  Not my area of expertise, so I can't comment.

sw

Scott Witthaus

Owner/Editor/Post Production Supervisor 1708 Editorial

http://vimeopro.com/1708editorial/1708-editorial

• Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:30 PM In reply to

• NICKB
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 1,182
    • Points 16,295

I am running the latest CC Premiere is good now although i have mixed success with dynamic link to AE and Speedgrade always working. Premiere seems like Final Cut Pro 8 if it ever existed.

Certainly a respectful product now.

It now also works with Avid media.

However if you love editing on Avid there is no reason to switch unless perhaps it is a very gfx type job.

But CC is worth it for Avid editors for all the other applications and being cloud based the NSA will have your project backed up if you are doing anything sensitive Hmm

• Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:46 PM In reply to

You can save your projects and media to your harddrive.

"When I spent 60k on a discreet edit digisuite system 10 years ago someone came up to me to offer fcp 2, I said it was a scam too." -Ric

• Fri, Nov 1 2013 6:54 PM In reply to

• NICKB
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 1,182
    • Points 16,295

Bobby It was a joke!

No one in the world needs to do back ups anymore 

Anyway Avid still best in class for editing.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller