Latest post Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:54 PM by BridgeySmalls. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:43 PM

Unable to open Pro Tools 10 on Windows

Hey Avid Community,

I'm brand new to this so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum. I was unaware I had an ASC for my purchase of Pro Tools 10, let alone that it expired within 60 days. So I'm hoping I'll find some answers here!

I was able to install Pro Tools on my Mac desktop with no issues whatsoever. While trying to do the same on my Toshiba laptop (running Windows 7) I've encountered an issue I have no idea how to resolve. I ran the Pro Tools installer and there were no problems, but every time I attempt to open it with the iLok plugged in, Pro Tools gets to DAE Loaded before popping up with:

"Unable to locate hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready"

No matter how many times I click OK this message won't go away. I've uninstalled and re-installed. When I click on Cancel it quits Pro Tools.

PLEASE HELP :(

• Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,682
    • Points 224,120
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Unable to open Pro Tools 10 on Windows

Bridgey

This is the Pro Video forums....   you want the Pro Audio forums here;

http://duc.avid.com/

marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Oct 30 2013 9:54 PM In reply to

Re: Unable to open Pro Tools 10 on Windows

Apologies, thank you for the proper direction!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller