Latest post Tue, May 27 2014 11:55 PM by jwrl. 24 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 24 2014 9:27 PM In reply to

• Jay Kadlec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2012
    • United States
    • Posts 15
    • Points 240

Re: MC7 won't export

...sadly never fixed.
    I just finished re-installing Windows even and it still doesn't work. Now it gives me this error though--
    avid out of proc quicktime app stopped working. And then it forces me to close.
    Tech support I was talking with thinks it may have something to do with the fact that I run AMD.
    We tried doing so much stuff to fix it...I'm pretty set on giving up on it now though.
    Very disheartening ;(
    If you find anything let me know  

Operating System: MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1--- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Thuban 45nm Technology--- RAM: 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-11-11-28... [view my complete system specs]

Jay Kadlec jaykadlec productions | coastline studios

• Sat, Jan 25 2014 12:06 AM In reply to

Jay,

If infact it is the ADM processor that is flat out wrong. I also am running identical ADM processors on both my Avids BUT one of my Avids will export and the other will not! I don't think that is it. There is no reason a program like Avid must be written to only work on one type of processor. I have been an avid editor for almost 20 years not and it never ceases to amaze me Avids little quirks. 

What I did is exported a QT reference and then just created an h.264 in Squeeze. It was a little bit more time but not a big deal. Hope that helps. Let me know if they come up with anything.

Stacy

Media Composer 7.0.4 running on an AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six Core Processor @ 3.50GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, QT 7.7.4. Quatro 4000 video card running 320... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jan 25 2014 2:06 AM In reply to

• Jay Kadlec
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2012
    • United States
    • Posts 15
    • Points 240

Yeah I do a similar thing to work around it.
    The ADM was a theory but obviously not it then. We messed around with files opserver and quicktimewrapper, but still didn't work. All I know is it's something to do with quicktime. Stupid quicktime. 

Operating System: MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1--- CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Thuban 45nm Technology--- RAM: 16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (9-11-11-28... [view my complete system specs]

Jay Kadlec jaykadlec productions | coastline studios

• Sat, May 10 2014 11:48 PM In reply to

• Denys
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 10 2014
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Hello All,

I've faced with exact the same problems with Import/Transcode/Export operation, it looks like QuickTime bug (Media Composer use Quick Time as a codec) because QuickTime Opserver freeze my system with 0xc000001d exception code (was found error code in the event viewer).

In my case the problem was gone after scan and fix the windows 8.1 system with MC 7.0.3 (MD Phenom II X6 1100T with 16Gb RAM) with the following steps:

Remove the link because it's worked only one times for me (

Thanks,

Denys

• Sun, May 11 2014 1:03 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,398
    • Points 97,145

Denys:
    Media Composer use Quick Time as a codec
    No, it doesn't.  For a start, Quicktime is not a codec, it's a wrapper.  Second, Apple don't provide a 64-bit Quicktime library and likely never will, since it's now obsolescent.

Denys, I'm always suspicious of first-time users here who immediately open an old thread to post a link to external software, especially when they include wrong or misleading information.  When the link uses a name that suggests to the casual reader that it's an Avid-authorised resource I'm doubly suspicious.  I start to suspect phishing and/or virus loads.

For users looking for an answer to this issue the best place to start is at http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/search/SupportResults.aspx?q=Error+code+0xc000001d.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, May 11 2014 6:13 PM In reply to

• Denys
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Hi jwrl,

Thanks for the info.

So yesterday it's works for me, but today it's reproduces again (so I'm going to delete link in my previous message), will continue fighting (

In general it's very strange situation, because my configuration works fine all time and this problem appears only 4 days ago :(

--------------------

Faulting application name: QuickTime_OPServer.exe, version: 1.0.0.1325, time stamp: 0x527cef13

Faulting module name: QuickTime_Wrapper.avx, version: 1.0.0.1325, time stamp: 0x527cee98

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x00040212

Faulting process ID: 0x134c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf6d43168199d2

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer\QuickTimeServer\QuickTime_OPServer.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Avid\Avid Media Composer\QuickTimeServer\AVX2_Plug-Ins\QuickTime_Wrapper.avx

Report ID: f14e6529-d936-11e3-bf34-50e54951c17f

Faulting package full name: 

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

--------------

Thanks,

Denys

• Tue, May 13 2014 2:07 AM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,398
    • Points 97,145

Have you tried downloading the MC7.0.4 patch?  That might be worth a try.

When something like this happens out of the blue it's usually caused by one of two things: either something has been updated on your system (either with or without your knowledge) or the program or one of its components has been corrupted.

In that case rather than the 7.0.4 patch it might be worth while downloading the full 7.0.4 installer, plus the new AMA drivers.

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 16 2014 12:57 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

R. Stacy Ratliff:
    If infact it is the ADM processor that is flat out wrong. I also am running identical ADM processors on both my Avids BUT one of my Avids will export and the other will not! I don't think that is it. There is no reason a program like Avid must be written to only work on one type of processor. I have been an avid editor for almost 20 years not and it never ceases to amaze me Avids little quirks.

As a matter of fact there are big technical differences between Intel and AMD processors and Intel include many features that AMD does not (and probably vica versa but I'm not that familiar with AMD). NLE's tax system resources so it isn't that surprising that an NLE will have specific system requirements that go well beyond say a popular office suite.

Look its up to you but I'm pretty hardware agnostic - I use what works. Apple or PC. You on the other hand may not care about the software. It is totally up to you but AMD Processors are clearly not on the supported list for Avid so I would avoid them.

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Tue, May 27 2014 2:35 PM In reply to

• Denys
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 9
    • Points 135

Hello All,

Looks like this is my issue:

"It has come to our attention that one of the recent Microsoft updates (Update Rollup 2919355) for Windows 8.1 can cause BSOD issues for systems with LSI SAS controllers.  It's documented in this KB article:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2967012   For Avid, in particular, this can potentially be seen with the HP Z820 and Z800 Workstations running Win 8.1.  Both use LSI SAS controllers.  Particularly the Z820 because it ships configured from the factory with the LSI SAS controller connected to control the system boot drive.  The Z800 is hit or miss (some systems have the system drive connected to the LSI controller and some to the embedded Intel SATA controller)." Thanks, Denys
  • Tue, May 27 2014 11:55 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,398
    • Points 97,145

It's a wonderful thing when an OS breaks your computer.

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller