Latest post Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:35 PM by dugmoore. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 26 2013 6:07 PM

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 7 2011
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

Sorenson Squeeze not working with MC 5 bundle

I'm working on a Mac Pro, dongle version of MC 5 that I boot up in 32 bit mode, operating on Snow Leopard, 32 gigs of ram.

I'm trying to use Sorenson Squeeze 6 to create viewing copies of a show for private youtube links, dropbox, email and so on. Every time I try to import (or drag) a movie into Squeeze it crashes. I've tried creating Quicktime reference videos and a variety of other presets of Avid exports. We have installed and reinstalled this several times, but the post owner says this was always a problem. I'd like to sort it out to save a lot of time for myself and post assistants and sort this out if possible.

I've used Sorenson Squeeze successfully a million times on other machines. Has anyone had this issue, and resolved it? Someone suggested it might be a conflict with 32 bit mode and Sorenson, but I'm not sure.

Cheers.

• Thu, Sep 26 2013 7:24 PM In reply to

Re: Sorenson Squeeze not working with MC 5 bundle

What OS are you using?  Does it match the system requirements for Squeeze?

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Thu, Sep 26 2013 7:51 PM In reply to

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

Good call. I assumed that the OS that worked with MC 5 (Snow Leopard, if my memory serves me correct) would automatically work with Squeeze. I will check that tomorrow morning (my time) when I get back to the machine.

Thanks for the suggestion, and I will get post my findings later.

• Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:35 PM In reply to

• dugmoore
    • Not Ranked
    • Southeast Asia
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,520

I didn't get a chance to test or look at Squeezer today, but I opened a ticket with Sorenson late last night after posting this question. They emailed me for more questions, confirming that I am on OS 10.6.8, etc, and asked if the computer was on networked storage, which it is not. Hopefully I can get onto it tomorrow and sort things, and have something to report back by Tuesday.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller