Latest post Wed, Sep 18 2013 1:34 PM by EmilyTheEditor. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 18 2013 12:28 PM

AMA Workflow question - re-transcoding sequences with several new AMA clips

Hi gang - I've tried to search for this but not found an answer - just wondering what the best workflow is with AMA footage. 

I'm editing a programme on a tight turnaround so no time to transcode the rushes (which were mixture of XDCAM and Canon XF) - so what I've done is edit in sections and then transcode those when I get a chance so that hopefully the final sequence should be all transcoded when I come to playout. However I've just made some changes to part 1 and added new 'AMA linked' clips to an already DNxHD transcoded sequence. How do I go about transcoding JUST the new AMA clips and not redoing the whole sequence and creating tons of unecessary new media. 

Currently working on MC 6 on a MacBook Pro 2.5 Ghz Running Lion 10.7.4

Thanks all,

Emily

Filed under: , , ,
  • Wed, Sep 18 2013 1:19 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Workflow question - re-transcoding sequences with several new AMA clips

Easy.

Select your sequence that contains mostly transcoded media plus the AMA clips.

Choose Transcode. Choose the resolution and make sure the "skip media files already on the target drive"

(if you are on V7 then you even have a specific AMA choice in the Transcode dialogue)

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Wed, Sep 18 2013 1:34 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Workflow question - re-transcoding sequences with several new AMA clips

Perfect - thanks, yes that makes sense

Emily

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller