Latest post Mon, Sep 23 2013 7:42 AM by JakaBac. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 18 2013 10:18 AM

• JakaBac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 4 2012
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

GetFileDetails very slow

Hello

The GetFileDetails WS call is very, very slow...

And it looks like that the reason for this is because it does not only get the file details, but it also updates the status of the asset from the media indexer under the hood before getting the file details.

I know that this way the developer who wrote the function elimineted questions like: "Why does the function return files which do not exist?"

But it would be nice if this was configurable, so the developer using webservices has a choice... like the Access user. He can look at what the Engine knows about the file locations at the moment, or he can update the file status from the media indexer.

Thanks,

Jaka

• Wed, Sep 18 2013 4:31 PM In reply to

• omsupport
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 20 2013
    • Posts 81
    • Points 880

Re: GetFileDetails very slow

I agree. Each call to GetFileDetails tends to take around 200 milliseconds, so if you've got 10,000 clips it might take half an hour to get all the file details.

• Thu, Sep 19 2013 2:48 PM In reply to

• omsupport
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 81
    • Points 880

JakaBac, I'm not sure you're correct that GetFileDetails calls the Media Indexer. If I've just deleted a media file, I commonly have the Web Services tell me that it's still online, which implies that it's using stale information.

As a consequence, I ignore the Media Status returned by the WS and do my own check to see if each file exists at the given path.

• Thu, Sep 19 2013 3:32 PM In reply to

• kvolkov
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 4 2009
    • Posts 40
    • Points 435

May I ask how did you delete the file?

K.

• Thu, Sep 19 2013 3:59 PM In reply to

• omsupport
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 81
    • Points 880

...using Interplay Access.

• Mon, Sep 23 2013 7:42 AM In reply to

• JakaBac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 4 2012
    • Posts 17
    • Points 215

Well... With Interplay WS 2.6 it definitely calls the Media Indexer.

I moved a media file from one workspace to another, then after some time called GetFileDetails and I got the updated location and besides that, the file details got updated in access as well.

Not to mention wireshark capturing communication with MI showing it happening :)

As for deleted files not updating, as far as I know Interplay from certain version onward has a feature to remove strain from MI and Interplay by disabling processing of delete notifications in "real time". 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller